Which control panel?

Which control panel works best with Virtuozzo? Does not work with Virtuozzo?

On Linux most of them work fine, cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin. On Windows I have seen Plesk only, being offered.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Okay. I was told about a year ago that cpanel and Virtuozzo could be working better together?

I am using few cPanel + OpenVZ/Virtuozzo setup, all doing fine, no problems. But yes for a cPanel VPS you should have at least 256Mb guaranteed RAM (more RAM better performance).
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

i beg to differ a little Cpanel in my experience has a serious lag at 256meg of ram 512 is best to start out with on cpanel/whm
    Fully Managed | cPanel Shared Hosting | Windows Shared (coming soon) | R1Soft Daily Backups | FFmpeg packages
    Base 10 Hosting LLC
    follow us on twitter - @Base10Hosting

Both of cPanel and Plesk are RAM eater.

That's why I always think it's meaningless to get a 256- VPS if the user want a cPanel/Plesk installed. 256- VPS may be only meaningful for Linux Pros.

well not just for pros john8 but yes you are right both of them if not all need at least bare minimum of 512 meg of ram
    Fully Managed | cPanel Shared Hosting | Windows Shared (coming soon) | R1Soft Daily Backups | FFmpeg packages
    Base 10 Hosting LLC

I recommend the cPanel, but if you are not fussy & preffer to do everything by hand you can use the webmin control panel.
    Low Cost Storage VPS plans at webprovps.com
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

For my money we use Dot Net Panel on a Windows x64 with Virtuozzo. Works a treat but for some reason the VPS need at least 384MB RAM for DNP to function properly.

i also recommend Cpanel. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Cpanel and Plesk are excellent choices, however both consume resources. If considering try to target something with at least 512ram, that way it gives you an extra buffer allowing other resoruces/services to run without crashing the vps server/control panel

Agreed 3dg whole heartedly
    Base 10 Hosting LLC

Quote Originally Posted by john8 View Post
    Both of cPanel and Plesk are RAM eater.

That's why I always think it's meaningless to get a 256- VPS if the user want a cPanel/Plesk installed. 256- VPS may be only meaningful for Linux Pros.
    I don't know about cPanel but, Plesk is not a RAM eater.

I have a 256 MB VPS with Plesk and it works like a charm. No slow downs and nothing. I host on it a very active website with as many as 65 concurrent users sometimes - 35 - 45 average.

Infact, as me many members here will say that Plesk has a small footprint and uses much less resources as compared to cPanel.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Plesk eats alot of RAM allright, I turned it off and configured manually, you can see demos of them on their homepages

Quote Originally Posted by mkolbjor View Post
    Plesk eats alot of RAM allright, I turned it off and configured manually, you can see demos of them on their homepages
    Could you kindly elaborate?

Demos of Plesk on their homepages are indeed very slow but, that has nothing to do with their actual performance on your VPS.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

With Plesk it all depends on how many SpamD processes your running ect... and the amount of domains ihave seen plesk do great thing on 256meg dedicated ram but only it it was burstable to more than 768meg
    Base 10 Hosting LLC

Quote Originally Posted by mkolbjor View Post
    The demo on the Plesk homepage is nothing compared to the actual performance, that demo is there to give you an idea of the features, not the speed.

My Plesk loads a hell of a lot faster than that demo, infact it loads faster to me than cPanel ever did...

Plesk runs good on Virtuozzo/OpenVZ. It's built by the same people. It also runs smoothly at 256MB of ram. As for cPanel, it works great, but only when you run atleast 512MB on the VE. Anything lower than that, you're going to run into problems I find.
    Kaumil P.