Hello,

I currently have a Q6600 box with OpenVZ/CentOS installed and am looking to install asterisk on a VE which has been done by a few people I see. One of the things I need to do first is install/compile Zaptel/Ztdummy with Kernel 2.6.18-53.1.4.el5.028stab053.4 which I am not having much success with. The problem is first my inexprience with kernels and second lack of updated documentation. Below I have listed a few links where I am trying to piece together an instruction sheet, but so far it's becoming quite a task.

Install Zaptel Source 1
Source 2
Source 3

One of the main problems I am having is that in all attempts, I am getting an error claiming that the source for the OpenVZ kernel 2.6.18-53.1.4.el5.028stab053.4 is not installed in the /usr/src/kernels directory. I look inside and indeed there are other kernel versions, but not that one. I can find the src rpm version, but am not sure how to get the source into that directory or wherever it is needed.

I would greatly appreciate anyone who has had experience installing or compiling their kernel for Zaptel/ztdummy, to offer a link or some direction on how I can learn this. I am also very willing to hire anyone who might be able to help me install the Zaptel Module.

My goal is to install Asterisk with MeetMe and anyone who has worked with Asterisk, should hopefully understand what I am trying to achieve here. If not, please feel free to ask any question.

Thanks very much,

Jim