Thread: please review

please review

Its not finished yet, but what do you think?

http://www.dique7.com/dth/
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Very nice and unique. I give it a A++
    Todd Goldberg
    www.4nmedia.com
    AIM: FourNmedia

Exceptionally nice site, can't stand the music though.

I also really like it. It seems like the top logo "Downtown Host" should be bigger or stand out a little more. It's great though! Nice!

Wow. very nice indeed. Its looking awesome.

You can turn the music on/off thorugh the equalizer bars.

Thanks for your words, I'll suggest those changes to the designer.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

wow very nice indeed.

It's pretty good, although I'm not too fond of the usage of frames. Also, I think the site is somewhat busy.

Kill the frames and the music - other than that it looks great, very stylish.
    Web Hosting since 1999

Nice, has a combination of PixelBrick and PointOnWeb sort of styles, I like it!
    Andrew Walenczykiewicz
    StyleMy.com

I like it but i wouldnt use frames and you should have a button to turn the music on/off it can get annoying.......

Just What I think...........

Beautiful design but perhaps tables can replace frames. May as well think about using colored scrollbars.

- Joanne

Originally posted by simplicityWD
    I like it but i wouldnt use frames and you should have a button to turn the music on/off it can get annoying.......

Just What I think...........
    It does have a music on/off button, click on the equializer bars for it.
    Also, the purpose of the frames its because it will be a version without flash on the header, and the designer wanted to charge for a whole new design if he changed the header in all the files, so, his option was, create 2 headers in a frameset, so, the only thing changing will be the top frame for the flash/non flash versions of the site.

I like it....

Your hosting page does not load though

Ohh, no, its not finished yet, some page are not ready

Originally posted by Jedito
    Also, the purpose of the frames its because it will be a version without flash on the header, and the designer wanted to charge for a whole new design if he changed the header in all the files, so, his option was, create 2 headers in a frameset, so, the only thing changing will be the top frame for the flash/non flash versions of the site.
    There are other more efficient ways to do this that surely should not be charged an entire site design... perhaps you might want to mention this to your designer.
    In nearly any language you can include a file, so if the flash plugin is there, include file1, if not, include file2.
    Regular html includes are simple (provided you're server is configured properly, and they usually are)

<!-- #include file="header1.shtml" -->

Although I prefer to use php

<? include ("header1.shtml"); ?>

It really is a great looking design (despite the annoying music)- but frames are bad. If you are spending reasonable cash on the creation of site, (and at least it looks like you are, from the nice design) you may want to consider using a skilled progammer in tandom with a skilled designer. When this combination is brought together, wonderful things happen on the web.
    Last edited by MCP; 08-14-2002 at 02:50 AM.