Thread: Xbox 360 help

Xbox 360 help

Right, my Xbox 360 has been freezing up lately, and my warranty expires on 5th February 2008. Will my warranty count from when I send the Xbox, or when Microsoft recieve/fix it? Should I leave it next to the radiator so it'll get the red rings, and then use the extended 3yr warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by Looie View Post
    Right, my Xbox 360 has been freezing up lately, and my warranty expires on 5th February 2008. Will my warranty count from when I send the Xbox, or when Microsoft recieve/fix it? Should I leave it next to the radiator so it'll get the red rings, and then use the extended 3yr warranty?
    i tried doing that red rings trick.. i tried everything, because I had gotten the unplayable disc error, that was happening only on the hitachi drives (lucky me), and it was a $150 repair charge! I just said "i'm periodically getting the red rings" (i did get it once or twice before, but the 360 had fallen from a 5-inch height when it happened ), and the guy on the phone didn't ask any questions. He went right to getting me a repair box shipped out, and 2 weeks later, i had a fixed 360!

i want to know what they did though.. it's the same 360 & drive..

Yeah, I get disc errors a lot too. I might just wait it out then, any idea how I can force it to get the red rings?

Quote Originally Posted by Looie View Post
    Yeah, I get disc errors a lot too. I might just wait it out then, any idea how I can force it to get the red rings?
    you can try the radiator trick, although it might be fraud.. i did get the red rings though, and as long as I get them at all, i'm liable for a free repair!

although, when I got it back, i started thinking to myself, "what if the red rings are gone, but the dvd drive is still broken?"

i don't think they check the 360's at all.