Thread: HostingPlex

HostingPlex

Don't trust this company! I got an offer for a YEAR from them March 14 2007, and you have to cancel at least 30 days in advance or your account will be renewed for the regular annual price - but cancellation is instant, so you never get that year you paid for! Now my site is gone! No warning was given at all! This company is a disgrace!

Hello,

What you have described is not accurate. We request that users terminate their account or renew their account when the time has come, we ask for notification of the clients intentions 30 days in advance, this has been in our policy for over 5 years now. We do not automatically bill customers, we do not store credit-cards period. It is up to the customer to renew or cancel.

When an account is expires, it sits there expired for months before we delete it, we continue to email the client asking them to cancel or renew, as we do not want to store files for accounts that will never renew. Only after several months of no response from the customer do we terminate the agreement and erase all the files.
    Kevin

Dont trust what company? What does R1Soft has anything to do with HostingPlex (or vice versa)?
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

Quote Originally Posted by FHDave View Post
    Dont trust what company? What does R1Soft has anything to do with HostingPlex (or vice versa)?
    My thoughts exactly.

Donker: Anything that you could post that would support your claims?
    Last edited by Shaw Networks; 01-28-2008 at 11:54 PM.
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaw Networks View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

Anything that you could post donker that would support your claims?
    Well, why would Kevin (hostingplex) answers to something that was not directed at him?

This post (and its reply) is strange in many levels.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

Read the first post guys - R1Soft = Hostingplex.

Kevin, I sure am glad to hear this. I cancelled my account yesterday at least 30 days in advance as per your TOS as I do not intend to stay with your company after MArch 14, when my yearly contract expires.

Now please explain what made my site disappear within the hour, why I can no longer login to any parts of it, and why your Account Password Recovery suddenly says Invalid Username or Domain when I try to use it.

This to me does look like my account was cancelled instantly, but if you have another explanation, I'd like to hear it.
    Also of course I'd like my account and site to be fully restored and functional ASAP.

Okay so somebody moved my post out of the original thread - here's the thread I posted in:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ht=hostingplex

Quote Originally Posted by donker View Post
    Okay so somebody moved my post out of the original thread - here's the thread I posted in:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ht=hostingplex
    I bet you hit New Thread instead of New Reply
    hi there!

And ended up in another forum altogether?
    I used Post Quick Reply just like I do now and have done for the above two posts.

It was split from an advertising thread.
    If you don’t like the road you’re walking on, start paving a new one.

Hello,

Our automatic cancellation form specifically warns you that by submitting it, your site will be deleted, it asks for your user name and password to ensure that this is not carried out by an unauthorized party. Your account was cancelled instantly when you asked for it to be canceled instantly. I apologize for the confusion.
    Kevin

So what you're saying is, your first post in this thread is in fact full of bull, my site is really gone, and there is no way to get a year of your service if one pays you for a year?!

Your TOS (http://www.inverdigm.com/tos.html) very specifically says:
    "Customer's may cancel their account by filling out the relevant form located at http://www.hostingplex.com/cancel at least 30 days prior to the end of the current aggreement. "

The mentioned cancellation form does warn that the account will be cancelled and deleted, but that is in fact what I wanted... on March 14! That is the whole idea behind cancelling one's acocunt!

The form does NOT in any way warn that the account will be cancelled RIGHT AWAY! And, since your TOS demands I use THAT form to cancel 30 DAYS IN ADVANCE, it is in fact quite to be expected that such a form would not cancel right away!

So what are the chances of my site and everything being restored? You did mention keeping all files for months etc.

Users usually allow there accounts to expire and become suspended, we keep the files until they cancel.

You canceled, effectively requesting our system to immediately delete your files. As I have explained in our ticket response, we a put red writing on the page warning you everything will be gone if you submit the form. There was obviously a misunderstanding and it is unfortunate that you did not make any attempt to contact us prior to submitting this form.

I believe the form is clear in saying what it will do, however I agree there is always room to improve. We will look at changing the form to give an option to allow a delayed termination.
    Kevin

Well. Kevin replied in mail that it's all my fault, and no matter what his own TOS says, I should've contacted him in some other way than using the cancellation form that his own TOS specifically told me to use.

Let this be a warning. Do not do business with Kevin or any of his companies, which include but probably aren't limited to

- hostingplex.com
    - r1soft.com
    - inverdigm.com

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by HP-Kevin View Post
    Users usually allow there accounts to expire and become suspended, we keep the files until they cancel.
    Right. I must be the first honest client you've ever had. Complying to your TOS, tsk, what was I thinking of!

Bottom Line.

There was a misunderstanding by our customer with regards to our cancellation process. It is not a deceptive practice on the part of Hostingplex, the customer made a mistake at the fault of our documentation.

We will correct our documentation and we have provided the customer a 100% refund for the payment they paid for a year of hosting and domain registration.

Unfortunate misunderstanding, there is nothing more we can add at this point except to again say there was no deceptive practice here. This is the first time this has happened and we will improve.
    Last edited by Kevin; 01-29-2008 at 12:28 PM.
    Kevin

Are you sure R1Soft is HostingPlex??? I think they just provide R1Soft CDP program on demand!! That's all.

WHOIS:
    * hostingplex.com
    Moonlight, Kevin
    Inverdigm, Inc
    1402-150 Ferrand Drive
    Toronto, Ontario M3C3E5
    CA

* r1soft.com
    Righteous Software Inc.
    12180 Greenspoint Dr.
    Suite 252
    Houston, Texas 77060
    United States

I could not find any reference about "HostingPlex" or "Inverdigm" or "Kevin" in R1Soft.com

Can someone confirm please?
    Antonis Adamakos @ FuzzFree :: Fully Managed Web Hosting, Development, Online Marketing

My misunderstanding? My mistake? I read your TOS and followed the rules you very clearly have put in there.
    A refund? That's only dollars, not worth anything these days - I HAVE LOST MY SITE, AND ALL MAILS THAT HAVE BEEN SENT SINCE. And I have been treated like dirt by Kevin Moonlight simply for being an honest customer. Blegh!

donker,

it is you that treated us like dirt and with disrespect. you immediately jumped into a forum and started trashing us in our r1soft promotion advertisement, about how we ripped you off. You made no effort to first contact us to find out that it was a misunderstanding on your part as a result of our documentation which we have already agreed can be improved.

R1Soft has absolutely nothing to do with this, and the moderators should remove all traces of r1soft from this thread.
    Kevin

You made no effort to first contact us to find out that it was a misunderstanding on your part as a result of our documentation which we have already agreed can be improved.
    Well now Kevin, if you'd have your site deleted, how would you react/feel. The customer properly followed your TOS. If the TOS states that cancellation must be submitted 30 days prior to the end of the agreement, it stands within reason that the account will remain active up until the contact would have been renewed. Otherwise the customer is paying for N months of service and getting N-1, and that would be false advertising.

Hourly Account Backups
    We backup your entire CompletePlus account every hour! We also archive backups for months! If your site is lost or damaged or you delete a file by mistake, you can restore your entire account or part of it in minutes! Ask your existing hosting company or prospective company what their backup policy is!
    Maybe you can have a tech locate a backup and give it to him?

R1Soft has absolutely nothing to do with this
    Changing thread title to HostingPlex.