hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Need Hosting for Spring MVC web-app (Tomcat)

Forum Jump

Need Hosting for Spring MVC web-app (Tomcat)

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

Need Hosting for Spring MVC web-app (Tomcat)

Hi, I am currently developing a J2EE webapp using Spring MVC framework, I am looking for a webhosting with Tomcat support not too pricey though. Any suggestions? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old
Disabled

You're going to pay a premium for Java hosting. What space/DB/network requirements do you have? What version of java?

Regards,

Old

thanks for your reply,
i need Tomcat 5.5, JVM 1.5, MySQL DB, no special network/bw requirements for start. I went through couple of hostings, just cannot decide which one to go for, do you have any personal experience?

Sponsored Links
Old
Disabled

Sorry, only personal experience is with my company.

Regards,

Old

I just looked at the packages offered and it seems very interesting, the Tomcat for these packages is probably shared, correct me if I am wrong please. Do you think your plans Pro1 and Pro2 would be suitable to the requirements above?
Thank you once again for your reply.

Old
Disabled

What we've found are shared JVMs are great for small applications or to start with. The next step beyond a semi-dedicated package is one of our VAS products launching in Feb. (dedicated without the headaches) What kind of usage do you see out of this app, or do you just need a place to develop?

Kind Regards,

Old

For now I only need the place to develop. Around what date are you launching the dedicated servers in February? What would be the starting price for this option?
For the semi dedicated, do you allow use of frameworks such as Spring?

Old
Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by creaflexi View Post
For now I only need the place to develop. Around what date are you launching the dedicated servers in February? What would be the starting price for this option?
For the semi dedicated, do you allow use of frameworks such as Spring?
You can use anything you want in the semi-dedicated JVMs - all the support jars would live inside your war, so you can use any framework/driver you want.

We're launching the new services 3rd week in February, one will just happen to be a dedicated j2ee server.(Glassfish - we are a sun and netbeans partner after all... .) We can help with any migration from semi-dedicated to the new VAS products at no cost. I'm not shy with my Java knowledge and love working with all things Java.

Kind Regards,

Old

Seems very interesting, I think I will go for one of your Pro packages either(1 or 2) for now and then maybe later in February I will migrate to VPS.
My webapp is meant to be for United Kingdom, how well are your servers distributed in europe?

Old
Disabled

The servers those packages are on live in our private Detroit DC - we have Global Crossing and Cogent Premium(not bulk) transit to Europe from there that is very good. You can test all of our locations from our network page.

We do have servers in Eastern Europe too, but due to market conditions and the infrastructure, they are older.

Kind Regards,

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Attackers Targeting On-Premise IT are Shifting Focus to Cloud Hosting Providers: Alert Logic Report Web Hosting News 2014-04-30 18:21:53
eApps Hosting Listing 2014-09-20 20:43:04
Virginia Cybersecurity Startup Accelerator MACH37 Opens up Applications for Spring Cohort Web Hosting News 2013-12-18 12:33:20
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - April 19, 2013 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:43:10
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - April 12, 2013 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:43:11