Whois Lookup that identifies server and cms info?

Not sure that this is a Web Hosting question, but since I've noticed this forum attracts some pretty well-informed folks, I thought I'd float it here: I seem to recall using a whois lookup tool that provided a wide range of info, including the type of server (LAMP, or Windows IIs, for example) as well as any CMS or blogging software that it might be running (i.e. Joomla or Wordpress) and even the type of database it was using.

I don't think I dreamed it, but I sure as heck can't find the link or any reference to it through the normal search channels.

Anybody know of anything like this, or am I pooched?

Thanks in advance...

There are server tools that "check server headers" (google it) like this one:
    http://seopen.com/seopen-tools/header-checker.php

...and return info like this:

Response Code: HTTP/1.1 200
    Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 17:02:24 GMT
    Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP/4.3.9 mod_perl/1.29 FrontPage/5.0.2.2510
    X-Powered-By: PHP/4.3.9
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8

Thanks, Techno - you're absolutely right - I forgot that the header check will also report the Server info.

I'm still holding out hope that someone who trips over this might've seen the same tool that I did some time ago; it also reports on what software might be running on the server - joomla, wordpress, etc.

It's not that big a deal, but I'm just kicking myself that it didn't receive a prime spot on my del.icio.us account