Thread: Zone.Net

Thumbs down Zone.Net

i've bought a vps (pack. VU200)from Zone.Net 3 days ago, but still waiting for setup. i've open a ticket and no answer yet.will i wait more for setup??
      0 Not allowed!

Have you made sure their messages haven't been marked as spam? Maybe they don't allocate new servers over the weekend, I honestly don't know, so anyone can correct me on that one.

I'm sure if you could get hold of seankoons on the forum he will help you out, it seems to me like a misunderstanding and something's been lost in transmission!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ExCoDeR View Post
    i've bought a vps (pack. VU200)from Zone.Net 3 days ago, but still waiting for setup. i've open a ticket and no answer yet.will i wait more for setup??

You ordered a VPS with DirectAdmin. In the ticket you opened requesting information, you were clearly told it does take longer to provision DirectAdmin VPS's since it's a manual license acquisition (via email).

We do provision servers every single day, but with certain control panels the setup does take longer.

Please double check your emails, we most certainly DID respond to your information request. I don't see why you would be saying that there is no answer yet to your ticket when there clearly was one telling you that DA takes longer than normal, especially on the weekends.

I don't understand the need to start posting bad reviews about our service when you haven't even used it.
    Last edited by seankoons; 01-28-2008 at 11:52 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Give people time, and it’s the weekend too. And as said above you were told it takes time so I really don’t see the need for this topic, should be removed!
      0 Not allowed!

Also I know for a fact Directadmin can be slow with licenses.
      0 Not allowed!

ExCoDeR,

Take a step back and slow down your pace. I did sign up with them before a DirectAdmin VPS and the setup did take quite some time but I cancel with them due to some reason. The refund will almost instant but I can assure you that the whole communication is loud and clear.

They are honest with everything and I believe I will go for them in future if I need a VPS
    tanfwc
    Singapore Managed Colocation
    Singapore BGP Announcement
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by seankoons
    <snip>it does take longer to provision DirectAdmin VPS's since it's a manual license acquisition (via email).</snip>
    Why are you emailing DA for your licences? Why not use the online interface? Using the online interface I have only had to wait a few minutes, one time I did have to prod them but that was because I purchased 2 licences in about 2 minutes so the system thought I had a clone order.

Paul
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by DephNet[Paul] View Post
    Why are you emailing DA for your licences? Why not use the online interface?
    Paul
    That explains a lot! As someone whose ordered quite a few Direct Admin VPS's in the past it has always puzzled me how some providers can take a couple of hours to get a licensed server up and running and some others take a couple of days! All the slow ones blame Direct Admin but I couldn't work out how the others got their licenses so quickly. I guess it's the same reason that some providers are still paying $15 for a DA VPS license, they just don't bother to find out.
    A word to the wise though... you're losing customers!

Thanks Paul for that revelation!
      0 Not allowed!

DirectAdmin licenses can be obtained immediately, we get ours straight away.
    UK SSD VPS without compromise - upto 250k IOPS !
    www.clustered.net
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by DephNet[Paul] View Post
    Why are you emailing DA for your licences? Why not use the online interface? Using the online interface I have only had to wait a few minutes, one time I did have to prod them but that was because I purchased 2 licences in about 2 minutes so the system thought I had a clone order.

Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by reiteration View Post
    We do not email DirectAdmin for the licenses. We use the same online client interface system you did. However, we find it is occasionally it is necessary to email DA to get the licenses activated. Activation is not always instant, sometimes it can take up to 24 hours, or even longer depending on at what time you placed the order. I've had some DA licenses get activated within 5 minutes of fee payment, and some within 48 hours.

Not to mention we can't even install DA until the license is activated (kind of annoying) so theres even more delay with provisioning that control panel.

I have been contacted by a fellow provider who gave me some tips on how to get this DA license activation done much faster, in a much more self-serving way so we're probably going to go that route very soon.

As for the OP's situation, last I checked his VPS was provisioned yesterday, and billing date adjusted so no one paid for anything they didn't have use of. I have yet to receive any sort of email, PM or ticket update from the OP so, ExCodEr if you can please make an attempt to contact me and let me know if everything is setup to your satisfaction.
      0 Not allowed!

DirectAdmin's control panel is not instant, they still have to manually activate them, although usually they are pretty quick, but it does depend when you order.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by devonblzx View Post
    DirectAdmin's control panel is not instant, they still have to manually activate them, although usually they are pretty quick, but it does depend when you order.
    We get *all* our directadmin licenses instantly activated.
    UK SSD VPS without compromise - upto 250k IOPS !
    www.clustered.net
      0 Not allowed!

We get *all* our directadmin licenses instantly activated.
    So do I, as I said I have only had to poke DA once.

Paul
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ExCoDeR View Post
    Has this been resolved yet?
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.
      0 Not allowed!

Since OP never came back to follow up, we can only assume his issue has been resolved to his satisfaction. Good information in this thread! I don't see any reason for it to remain open at this point.
      0 Not allowed!