Thread: php of view

php of view

good day!

first on a forum:

this is my 2nd month studying PHP for my thesis, and i want to insert the dynamically generated(coming from a particular table generated through selecting a specific items and is displayed at a minimum of 5(five) to 10(ten) rows on my browser and i want it to be inserted back to the data base to a different table).

thank you so much for your time.

Welcome to wht!

I may be reading your question a bit funny here, but are you wanting to pull some data from a database and put it into a table on a webpage? And then update the data in the database from another form on your page?
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

Yer can you explain some more what you mean

tnx for the comment:

try my best to explain... i have this table(product) and i have to display it on the browser to be edited(quantity & price each of these has a corresponding text boxes) individually, then by clicking the update button it'll be stored back on the data base on the same table.......my problem is i can't take the quantity and the price and my table is not updated.....

thank you for reading it.....

Quote Originally Posted by tea_clipper View Post
    tnx for the comment:

try my best to explain... i have this table(product) and i have to display it on the browser to be edited(quantity & price each of these has a corresponding text boxes) individually, then by clicking the update button it'll be stored back on the data base on the same table.......my problem is i can't take the quantity and the price and my table is not updated.....

thank you for reading it.....
    I didn't exactly understand what you said but I guess your problem is how to get text boxes values.

I think Register_globals is off in php.ini and you're trying to get values with using $textbox and that's why you can't update, try to use $_POST['variable'] or $_GET['variable'] depending on what your form method's been set
    Last edited by b3nz; 01-29-2008 at 07:01 AM.

thanks b3nz....yeah you are right the values of those textboxes..