Thread: CoreNetworks

CoreNetworks

Hey guys, im planning to buy a server from CoreNetworks.Net

Whats the review guys?

Hi!
    I've never used them..but there seem to be quite a few good reviews about them..all you need to do is search.

To be honest..those prices concern me.

I happen to know pretty much what colo space and bandwidth costs..and..I don't see how they are making much of a profit.

I could be wrong..but..well..I kinda doubt it. I find it curious they use "other datacenters" and don't tell which ones. Most people go into detail about what datacenter they use..and the mix of bandwidth suppliers used. Not a word here..you're just suppose to..umm..trust them on that.

I find that a bit odd.

Bryon
    Bryon L Harvey
    Soil Relocation Engineer

80$ for a pentium 4? They are normal in my opinion. Volumedrive & Limestone give me more for the same price with Windows. Just do a search for their name on this site & google. If it looks good, try them and post a review later .

Quote Originally Posted by bryonhost1 View Post
    Hi!
    I've never used them..but there seem to be quite a few good reviews about them..all you need to do is search.

I happen to know pretty much what colo space and bandwidth costs..and..I don't see how they are making much of a profit.

I could be wrong..but..well..I kinda doubt it. I find it curious they use "other datacenters" and don't tell which ones. Most people go into detail about what datacenter they use..and the mix of bandwidth suppliers used. Not a word here..you're just suppose to..umm..trust them on that.

I find that a bit odd.

Bryon
    They are actually quite open about it when you call. They don't give the specific address but I used them for while and had no issues with them at all.
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

Ok

Thanks guys for the info. I was also wondering about the prices but they seem ok.

We will see.

I've had the $25 server for nearly a year, and have been very satisfied! Support time is always great (however, they do prioritize the non-important ones if they're busy). Their network has not caused me any problems, though the servers only have a 10mbps port ($10 for 100mbps).

The other day, I requested an OS upgrade. From the time that I emailed them (be it at ~8PM EST), to the time when they sent me the new root info was 1:15. That's at off hours too!

The $25 and $50 servers do have a $70 setup fee though. Their only datacenter (that I know about) is in East Lansing, Michigan. However, their "other" datacenters may refer to other greatlakes comnet centers.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonhost1 View Post
    Hi!

I find that a bit odd.

Bryon
    just call them; they'll tell you pretty much everything.

also, why are almost all your posts negative that I see? there's always some heavy criticism in practically every single one of your posts.
    semi-retired

Also, being a subsidiary, they probably don't have to pay the full cost for bw / colo fees. They don't resell.