hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : web host needed for small business

Forum Jump

web host needed for small business

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2008, 09:03 PM

web host needed for small business

Im looking for advice on possible webhosting providers that would best fit the needs of a small business that really only needs to do/have the following:

- Table of products, and I do mean just a table.
- Only need about 4 or 5 webpages for the whole site.
- Hoping to find some kind of form handling for sending orders via e-mail, if possible.

The business will be operated through e-mail and phonecalls, and really only needs to have (at this moment) the basics. So essentially, I guess im looking for the most reliable provider in regards to uptime and flexibility of what you can put on the website (website builder templates are too restricting).
Feel free to give any suggestions!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Disabled

Have a look through the advertising forums. I am sure you will find someone to suit.

Regards

Old 01-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Web Hosting Master

I think you will be able to find many hosts that can suit your needs. Try checking the offers section of this forum. I'm sure you can find a good host that can suit you needs for a low price .

30 Day Money Back Guaranteed!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Web Hosting Master

Hi spedig311,

What will your budget be for this business of yours? I'll go ahead and say it before everyone else does, you will get what you pay for. Generally when you pay less and the web hosting company offers you 500GB of disk space and 15,000GB of bandwidth, they are considered over sellers and your site may have poor performance. The higher your budget is, the better service you will get for your website. Good luck!

Old 01-27-2008, 09:09 PM
Web Hosting Master

Your needs are pretty straightforward. Most any host will be able to accomodate you, so pick based on reliability and service.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:44 PM

ok, thanks guys!

the budget would have been fairly low, probably not to exceed $50/mo. initially. thanks for the help!

Old 01-27-2008, 09:48 PM
Disabled

I am positive you will find something for that budget....

Old 01-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Disabled

Oh, you're needs are not that hard to find. Go to the advertising forums > Shared Hosting and look for one that suits your budget.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:30 PM
Junior Guru

You mentioned something about a Web site builder being too restrictive. Are you actually looking for someone to design the Web site in addition to hosting & maintaining the site? Many hosting providers only provide hosting. If you'll need someone to maintain the site, you may want to check out a company that does both. Or, before you start looking for hosting you may want to consider finding the person who's going to design and maintain the site and get their recommendations on a host.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:33 PM
Web Hosting Master

With a spending of 50/m to invest in a web hosting provider you will have no problem making sure your website is up to par for your clients.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:37 PM

At first it sounds as though you are looking to have a website designed for you.

Towards the last part of your origional post it seems as though you are looking for just web hosting.

The more specific and detailed you can be the better.

Are you looking for a website and hosting? Or just hosting?

If the $50.00 a month is strictly for your hosting budget, you will have NO problem finding a host that will give you what you need.

Best of luck on your quest and with your business : O)

Old 01-27-2008, 11:50 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Yes, I am also confused on your post. Seems like your after someone who will develop your website as well as looking for a good host.

Anyways, with that budget, I too agree that most hosts will accomodate your needs.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:47 AM

sorry, I didn't make myself clear at the beginning!

I actually know a decent amount of HTML, or at least enough to place some of the features we need on the website, and because of that it would be easier for me to just put in the raw code than to fool around with a builder. So really, i'd be the one "designing" the website, but would like the option of putting in my own code than just being restricted to someone else's templated design...even though some are flexible, it'd be easier for me to actually just write it...
as strange as they may sound

We really don't need someone to help design the website for us, but we definitely need a reliable host.

Kind of looking for yall's experiences with your current or past hosting provider and anything you'd like to say about doing business with them. Sorry about not making the above clear from the start!

Old 01-28-2008, 12:52 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

I will also direct you to the advertising forums, as there will be more details about the provider.

Things to look for:

- As stated above, don't look for packages that seem to be overselling.
- Make sure the company has been active for atleast 1 year.
- Research there customer support.
- Don't let the website fool you, Meaning jst because it looks good doesn't mean anything. Your most likely better to go with an independent company then with a company that has multiple owners ( corp ).

Just some helpful tips, most independent companies will be willing to work with you more on customer service bases. Example: if you need more bandwidth because you barley went over your limit and only have about 1 - 2 weeks before you renew, An independent company would front you that extra b/w besides letting your site remain offline. Where another company may make you wait for your renewal term before allowing your site to be active, keeping the site offline for 1 - 2 weeks until renewed.

Hope this helps you on your journey.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:04 AM

Hey Spedig,

Thank you for clearing that all up.
Now you should get some better help : O)

Now, if you are looking for others experiences and such, here you go:

When I first started out using web hosting, I was hosted by: www.illusionfxnet.com. They were fine for me at the time, but began falling apart internally. From what I have heard they got their act back together. So, who knows.

Now I use my own host of course. No problems, and quick.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted