Cool Bulletin Board Installations

I am offering bulletin board installations. Please contact me and i'm sure we could work something out

E-Mail:webmaster@gamestart.co.uk
    AIM:GameStart owner
    MSN:joepage304@hotmail.com
    Or you can PM me.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Koopa; 08-12-2002 at 05:26 PM.

Yes, why spend 10 minutes learning how to install a board when you could pay me $100?

?

Originally posted by dynamitehost
    Yes, why spend 10 minutes learning how to install a board when you could pay me $100?
    Was this comment really neccisary? Why can't you just respect the fact that he is offering a service and trying to make some money. Comments like this are pretty low. And just FYI, it takes alot more than 10 minutes to install a BB. It takes me a good 20 minutes and i'm very fast at installing them... but when I first started, it took me about 6-7 hours and alot of mistakes. Also, how do you know he isn't offering customization and stuff? Plus, did he say "$100" or did I miss it? You are so quick to jump the gun and be rude to people, yet you don't know what you're even talking about. Please, go back to grade 1 and learn "politeness" I think you must have skipped out when they taught that lesson.

I agree.
    And there is definitely a market for this - just take a look at the forums at vbulletin.com, from time to time a newbie asks for exactly that.

a

Just putting my point across. I was faced with this once upon a time. Either pay someone or learn, so I learnt. I agree, he is doing a good service, any honest service is a good one.

I just think learning is better than paying.

1.) it increases knowledge

and 2.) you save money.

But I agree it is a good service if people don't have the time to spend installing a board.

Sorry, if it sounded like a flame

I think its a good service, I install my own boards but i have had a lot of people asking me to do theirs.
    When i first started i used to get loads of errors that would take ages to fix, and some people haven't got time to sit and learn it all

Originally posted by dynamitehost
    Not everyone finds it that simple, some people can't install boards even when following instructions.

I'm just offering a service for people who can't install their own boards.

Also, I'm not charging $100.

(I know you later corrected your statement in a later post but I was just getting my point across)

Thanks to the people who posted in this thread for defending my service

Edit- Also, I might make a website for my forum installations

Thanks again
    Last edited by Koopa; 08-12-2002 at 05:38 PM.

hey

I actually think it's a good idea too. There is a huge market for it. You could make a checkout process on your site that had like 10 steps and each step would let them tell you certain things they wanted, they could basically customize the entire style of their forums and then you'd throw it all together... you could also have premade styles. Cool idea I've seen stuff like this before, but most of them are hosted forums (IE: people willing to host a forum for you on their server).

Good luck with it!
    Adam

Thanks

Once I finish the site, I'll post a link to it in this thread

Someone once contacted me asking how to install a EZBOARD!

X_Treme: theres a lot of people who would probably like your service, you should look around other forums and sites like this, I won't be surprised if places like elance even have guys asking for this type of help!

Personaly I'm one of those guys who picks things up fast though and can install them within minutes.
    WHT member since 2002
    Curently employed by Take Image Ltd - www.take-image.com

I had personal experience in setting up vBulletin as well as phpBB and last time UBB

UBB is the worst to setup... even after they added the installer, it still sucks. But before... it was just stupid, totally lame bulletin board. I always make fun of UBB as being such a bad BB. I mean, it's good and everything, but vbulletin fricken blows it away and it's cheaper!!! Heck, even PhpBB blows UBB away

Sounds like a good service to me. Good luck to you.
    Chris Miller
    PromoPunch
    Custom Imprinted Promotional Products
    www.promopunch.com 1-800-750-8530 x221

I agree with a lot of the others' comments. There is a definite demand for script installations. Some people who have very little experience of server-side stuff want to get bulletin boards etc., installed on their sites, but don't have a clue how to do it. A 'relative path' or an 'absolute path' would scare the hell out of them...
    I say good luck!
    Blacknight
    ICANN accredited domain registrar

Well, here is the link as promised: http://www.gamestart.co.uk/bbforums

Main site coming soon....
    Last edited by Koopa; 08-29-2002 at 05:40 PM.