Unlimited/Unmetered web hosting?

Does anyone know any reliable (AND cheap) host that offers unlimited/unmetered, that'll let me make an upload site? It needs to allow streaming of files on the website as well. If anyone knows, please let me know!

How do you expect a service to be cheap, reliable and unlimited...?
    DawHB.com - Web Hosting Blog | VPSHostDir.com - VPS Hosting Media

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyx213 View Post
    Does anyone know any reliable (AND cheap) host that offers unlimited/unmetered, that'll let me make an upload site? It needs to allow streaming of files on the website as well. If anyone knows, please let me know!
    Yea, there are a lot of webhosting companies but they would surely shut down your site once you cross the resource limit.

Depends how much space you need aswell, not alot allow you to have lots of space.

Also, what type of files would be hosted, illegal/legal?
    That also is taken into consideration.

And, if your site did get big I think a VPS or a dedicated server would be required.

Some hosts that have lots of storage space don't allow for you to be a mirror or download type site.
    You will need to read the TOS very carefully.
    Charles

Theres no such thing as unlimited ... get a vps to start out with then move up to a dedi if your site becomes big
    Amd-Communications - Affordable and Powerful Web Hosting Services www.amd-comms.co.uk
    Toll Free: 0800 043 2336 E-mail: sales[at]amd-comms.co.uk Shared Hosting - Reseller hosting - VPS Servers - Fresh IT Solutions

http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/webhosting/

But I don't know nothing about them
    Got Fused?

Unlimited is usually bs. Everyonce in a while you may get lucky, but 95% of the time, you will just find unreliable, slow, boring servers that in a month the company may go out of business!

Quote Originally Posted by coold8 View Post
    Unlimited is usually bs. Everyonce in a while you may get lucky, but 95% of the time, you will just find unreliable, slow, boring servers that in a month the company may go out of business!
    i didnt know that there was legit companys that offered unlimited/unmetered i would just go with a company that overselled but sticks to the oversell like hostmonster

i hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but what you're looking for isn't going to happen.

short answer - you need a dedicated server. read: not "cheap".

long answer - i can 99% guarantee you that you will not find a shared host that will openly allow you to host an upload site. hosts forbid these types of sites for resource reasons and for liability (both of you) reasons. there's no feasiable way to monitor, much less control the contents of files your users upload.

also, unless you write or buy an upload script that doesn't use php, you're going to run into problems with a shared host. most hosts have their max file upload size set to a low number (3-10mb from my experience).

even working around that, you'll still run into resource limitations and get suspended/the boot eventually.

you would need a 100mbit unmetered dedicated server with a bigger hdd. Guess you would have to cough up ~1000USD/month if you want some sort of quality server/bandwidth. Check the offer section here at wht.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36
    -Mr Bister

thanks for all the replies.. appreciate it

If my site does get big, and I start using adsense and stuff, do you think it can pay for the server and stuff? Because, the thing im trying to start is just upload (kind of like putfile) and its going to be a free service. Also, does anyone know a good unmetered dedicated offer with a good amount of HD space for around 100$?

If my site does get big, and I start using adsense and stuff, do you think it can pay for the server and stuff? Because, the thing im trying to start is just upload (kind of like putfile) and its going to be a free service. Also, does anyone know a good unmetered dedicated offer with a good amount of HD space for around 100$?
    well if you adsense every page with like 2 leaderborders 2 skyscrapers and that big square one (forget the name), and that might coverer it but your best bet will be to adsense every page and add a paid upload/download with faster speeds that you will be able to pay it off.

You can get a cheap unmetered server for around $100 but you will be sharing your network port with somebody else. Sharing isn't a bad thing but most likely if it's unmetered the port is being overwhelmed and you'll rarely get the speeds you desire. Also just to let you know unmetered doesn't mean unlimited bandwidth. For example, let's say you get a 10mbit unmetered port for your server. Unmetered allows you to use the 10mbit which is equal to about 3300gb of bandwidth without any extra fees. So in the end there is a limit to unmetered so just be careful and don't think of it as unlimited and constantly using all of it.
    Rageki Web Hosting Solutions - Canada & United States Web Hosting
    DirectAdmin & cPanel Control Panels
    99% Uptime!
    30 Day Money Back Guaranteed!