Working with banned companies?

What are some of the reasons that a company would be banned from this board? Can we find out the specific reason a company has been banned? I am considering doing business with a company that has been banned...

Any recommendations on this?

Thanks,

Richard

1. Wrong Forum

2. It could be because they spammed or something

3. They could just suck

Most of the time it appears becasue they spammed big time, maybe signed up for more than one user id to advertise, or did something horribly wrong.

Typically they won't get banned just because they suck...thats up for you as the client to discover.
    Peachtree WebWorks, LLC
    http://www.peachtreewebworks.com

99.9% of the time a URL is banned because they spammed the forums. Generally, I don't censor the URL unless the user has more than one username (thus the potential of just coming back and spamming again), or they purposely mislead or were deceptive on the forum (using another username to say how 'great' URLabcd is falls into that category).

Most URLs would be unbanned by request within 90 days. Repeat spammers aren't as it takes up loads of time to deal with these people and you get one warning, and that's it. We've had URLs uncensored and then get re-censored due to more spamming and multiple usernames.

Some censors and bans are the *least* we could do to protect you guys. In other words, some people are such idiots that really, their URLs should be left unbanned and a post made about them warning users about their activities on the forum (and off the forum).

Example emails (I call them fans) of emails we get:

Subject: Thread removed: Chicken is a ****ing faget

Your URL is blocked from the forum. If you choose to attempt to get around the censor again by posting the URL or name with spaces, you will be banned without notice. You may not: Post the URL in any forum. Post the name in any forum. Post any variation or space out the domain or name for any reason in any forum. Post ads in the avertising forum. Respond to ads in the advertising forums. FROM: **** (the asteriks are for good luck) right chicken ?
    That was from a certain web designer, got over 3,000 emails of that message. And another from a host...

Hey <removed>:

Guess what? I know where in <removed> you live, care if I drop you a visit tuesday morning? A few of my buddies and I will be in that area, so let's see how much of a tough guy you are. Because we need help moving some trash cans. But ya know sometimes people fall in, and get hurt, really hurt. So if you dont want to help I understand.

Anyways, we will see you tuesday morning around 11:00A.M. Don't be a chicken and not show ok? Hey bro if we don't catch you at the office I still remember your home address. Or hell I can just call you at <removed> right? Ok see ya bro!

-The Chicken Man
    Signs it "-The Chicken Man" ??? Pretty interesting, eh? So while the majority of the people banned are at least normal (mentally), our suggestion is not to give your business to members who have censored URLs. All are censored for a reason, some blocked for very, very, very good reasons. If you'd give your credit card to these people, well, then, that's your choice.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

Man Chicken, you are really tough. I think that URLabcd is really great! - and it's still available to be registered in the .com... .

-t
    myOstrich Internet - OpenSRS Domain Names & Digital Certificates
    http://www.myostrich.net

faget.com is taken however Pity...

• Chicken

Thats a shame Chicken. I bet you get multiple emails like that one, and you are just doing your job (or donating your time whatever the case may be)

Its sad that some people just can't deal with rules.
    Chris Miller
    PromoPunch
    Custom Imprinted Promotional Products
    www.promopunch.com 1-800-750-8530 x221

For a good laugh you should post more of those.

I must say, I have some that are rather humorous. I have a 'psychos' folder and a 'favorite emails to save' folder, heh. There was a classic message left on Peo's answering machine (Peo of FWS). Yes, they *called* Sweden! Just amazing really...

For your enjoyment, I post my all-time favorite email, (was actually a FWS person -yet again, not one from here). We've gotten plenty from here as well, but here goes...

Subject: **** you!

There was a time when you were cool. Now you're just one more little ****** sucking Peo's dick! Are you proud that you've turned into a puppet? You're by far the worst moderator there. Do you simply enjoy the power that much? Whatever! Don't bother emailing me back. I've blocked your email. Feel free to tell rockergrrrrrrrrrrl to go **** herself while you're at it *******!
    That one sold children's toys, if you can believe that. Sorry about the language, on that one, but the raw anger is to funny. Maybe I'll make a site about the 'moderation' experience one day...

• Chicken

WOW.. that is a nice one..

I moderate a small webmaster forum and we have had a few people get way out of line but nothing like that..

thanks Mr. Chicken.. that made my day.. Seeing how silly people can get over the stupidest things.

Robert

Originally posted by Chicken
    Maybe I'll make a site about the 'moderation' experience one day...

yes, quite silly. The 'power' thing has been mentioned a few times, as if I have 'power' of any sort??? I ban people if they don't follow the guidelines, that's about it, and a sincere apology goes a long way. Ooooo, the power.

• Chicken

On a different side

On a different side,

Chicken you are great. I think that you, and other moderators here, are doing a great job and keeping this forum in a “great shape”. I think it is a great benefit for all of us that you are here, and all of the help that you have provided to me on more the one occasion.

Thanks a lot, and keep up the great work!

Thank you once again!

Oh lord, some people really have sick minds.

Indeed they do

As the subject title is *Working with banned companies?* would you really like to hire a host/site designer/template maker that cannot abide by simple rules? That send nasty emails when they abuse those rules? I know I sure wouldn't

It should be noted that not all banned companies send nasty notes however. Some are very polite and understanding. They simply wait until the period is over, write in and ask for the removal of the ban, and it is done. It can be that easy.

Other times, not quite that easy unfortunately.

Rather than answer the question of who is a 'good' banned member and who is a 'bad' banned member, my suggestion is still to consider non-banned members.

• Chicken

If someone came to my house and they got my address from someone else apart from me i would get my number 3 bat out..
    Nasty.
    I got this email from a guy that doesn't like me anymore and he was trying to scare me by sending me a blank email, he's actually a big radio star so if i did get an abusive i would expose it.
    Professor of crime at St Andrews university.

Blank e-mail? Now that's an interesting way of scaring someone... lol

hmm, this seems quite interesting, I think Ive got a couple I could demo here, people that have been banned, let me have a quick browse thru the ole' WHT Moderators Post Bag.

Ill Be Back to this thread, hehehe
    www.24y.co.uk - Fast Professional UK Web Hosting

Surely for spamming, the companies are banned. Also for immoral use of forum for personal advertisements may be one of the reasons.

I just have to know ...

Why did the company who is located in Bedford, Texas and whose name rhymes with the great Chia plant get banned?

Is there a way to find out?

Originally posted by Chicken
    yes, quite silly. The 'power' thing has been mentioned a few times, as if I have 'power' of any sort??? I ban people if they don't follow the guidelines, that's about it, and a sincere apology goes a long way. Ooooo, the power.
    Oh how often the youthful and inexperienced confuse responsibility for power.