Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation GServers = Untrustworhy, Unethical, Scammers. BEWARE

This is a follow up to my previous thread about a negative experience with Gservers(http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...rvers+negative) - Do a search on WHT, think youll find all the reviews around here are negative.

To anyone who is/was with/has tried to be/has been scammed by Gservers/Gomer I also feel your pain.

I will start by a short overall summary:

Dec 12 Server Ordered, a month passes. Server is not online because mobo was DOE or icompaible(didnt know)

Gomer goes on vacation for Xmas and when he returns, after a lot of struggling and constant issues(Didn't even know how to setup Raid 1 or CentOS properly), and not going to the DC within the scheduled time frame as he "got high" the night before - we had a server online.

It seemed a miricle that finally a server was working, although we had our doubts about staying with them due to the issues.

Yesterday our server goes offline after being running for a week at best, we sent numerous text messages to Gomer, as well as emails and also contacted Max.

It seems Gomer is now "Broke", has taken all of his customers servers out of the KPN DC (After recently having an advertisment on WHT) and is now ignoring all his customers with no refunds.

After being down 23 hours, Max started responding on MSN!:

Here are some logs for you

Max says: ok to tell u i cant help u anymore find some other hosting please
    Us: has gservers gone?
    Max says: something like that yes
    Max says: olmost all servers are gone now

Max says: well i dont know how gomer doesnt respond on anything and he has the servers
    Max says: the servers are @ his home
    Max says: i cant do a thing

It turns out that without any warning Gomer/Gservers have taken all customer servers offline and they are now god knows how many miles from the DC.

Then something else - Seems another family member has stepped in to deal with the issues!

Max says:
    well ok believe it or not
    Max says:
    i spoke his mom
    Max says:
    my servers and from some 2 other guys and gservers.nl is still there
    Max says:
    all others are gone

us: so why do you think, in your oppinion like, he has taken them out
    Max says: he told me long time ago he wanted to stop

Yep so doing a big WHT ad with good offers it the best way to stop running a company..

Max is trying to help at least, and supposadly he gets some servers from Gomer for free just to help out with support. Although I do have a feeling he may be playing this with gomer. Who knows...

Whilst I have already posted a negative thread about this lame excuse for a company, I thought I would let the other GServers customers/ex-customers know whats going on at the moment.

Basically, your server is at Gomer's house, according to max he is going to wipe the data and you will not be refunded by the looks of things. He is ignoring our messages and even Max's messages - when he is a member of staff.

I don't know if anyone in NL knows Gomer on a personal basis however any additional information is appreciated.

If you paid with paypal, have you filed a chargeback?

.... Oh my god....
    Who is Max? And yes, do a chargeback if you paid by CC.

It sounds like Max is trying to pretend like he has nothing to do with it but I believe he does. Looks like they tried to do a one night stand and just take the money and takeoff. I would try to do a chargeback through paypal or your credit card company if possible.
    Rageki Web Hosting Solutions - Canada & United States Web Hosting
    DirectAdmin & cPanel Control Panels
    99% Uptime!
    30 Day Money Back Guaranteed!

I was expecting a server for tomorrow.I haven't paid yet.What a shame! Thanks Chris for the informations

Avoid this company like the plague

owm
    Last edited by Outlaw Web Master; 01-27-2008 at 05:07 AM.
    ‹(¿)›
    Life's what you make it.

I hope you've paid via credit card, generally, even if PayPal decides to refund you there won't be any money in their account.

Once again people...do some research before going with a company. I am sorry this happened but it was incredibly clear that their offers were impossible. This could easily be foreseen.
    Powered by Level3, GBLX and AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrios View Post
    Once again people...do some research before going with a company. I am sorry this happened but it was incredibly clear that their offers were impossible. This could easily be foreseen.
    In this case I think it was not that easy to predict. It was said in another thread GServers was 2+ years on the market and searching WHT you find positive comments from supposed satisfied GServers customers. Also the servers were not that cheap -- you may find similar priced servers in many European providers.

I talked with "gomer" in November last year to clear doubts regarding GServer's site offerings "Dual C2D" and "C2D Single" and found the "company" called "Dual" a "Core 2 Duo" and "Single" a "Core 2 Solo." After the conversation, GServers fixed the specs but I lost confidence and I didn't sign up.

It seems GServers used WHT to lure people just before this "grand finale" delivering XEN VPSs running on old Pentium presented as Core dedicated servers.

Quote Originally Posted by case42 View Post
    Gservers.nl are crooks, they're trying to sell „dedicated” servers which are in fact only VPS's. Which is why they can offer a Core Solo 2.4GHz CPU while, according to Intel's website, the fastest Core Solo in existence has a speed of 1.83 GHz.

After seeing their offers in the Dedicated Hosting Offers forum, I decided to order an Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 2.4 GHz dedicated server on Dec 13. The money I sent by wire transfer arrived on Dec 18.
    [...]

By that time it was pretty obvious that this was not a dedicated, but a virtual machine. So I went to ask Gomer on IRC what the deal was with these odd hardware details. At first he claimed he had no idea. After I confronted him with more proof and told him that I knew that this was a VPS and not the dedicated box I had ordered and paid for, he denied it. At the end, he said something along the lines of „What does it matter, VPS and dedicated is almost the same.“

At that point (still on December 20th), I asked for a refund. To approximately no one's surprise, I'm still waiting to receive my money today (January 22), even though I reminded Gomer about it several times.

Read more here http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=665498
    Last edited by dotHostel; 01-27-2008 at 06:44 AM.
    You will only find out how good a provider is when the going gets tough

Quote Originally Posted by dotHostel View Post
    In this case I think it was not that easy to predict. It was said in another thread GServers was 2+ years on the market and searching WHT you find positive comments from supposed satisfied GServers customers. Also the servers were not that cheap -- you may find similar priced servers in many European providers.
    [...]
    Well yes and no. They stated to be colocating in the xs4all datacenter. xs4all is one of the most expensive (if not the most expensive) in Amsterdam. Rackspace is cheap in comparison

And that was said by a few people who have experience with xs4all as well (in the advertisement thread here at WHT). Maybe due to their past it might have been hard to believe but their offer was really impossible on that network.

To give you an idea of typical xs4all prices:

Dual xeon with 2GB ram
    36GB drives in raid-1
    1TB traffic

200 euro+vat setup (= $275 USD)
    870 euro+vat monthly (= $1200 USD)

Yet they offered these servers for under $100. Thats not really profitable