Question Who's The Best Dedicated Server Company?

Hi,

I need to know the best dedicated server company to host a server with.

I would like my server to be managed, and to possibly receive a 160GB hard drive and 1500 bandwidth with Cpanel (this is the mimum requirment) for an affordable price, more less under $150.00.

It would be great if they had live chat as well 24/7 or a phone number for support 24/7.

Thanks guys

Great security tools are always great as well. This may boost the price up a bit, but just throwing that in there.

There isn;t really a "best" server company. Some of the Recommended ones are Burst.Net, The Planet, Liquid Web. You could also get an unmanaged server and have someone like Steve from Rack911 manage it, and secure it.
    Brett Meadors

Can I vote for mine? j/k. You will probably get tons of answers to that question, and it always boils down to what your experience is like. A lot of people have had awful experiences with X provider while some others love them to death. So even when people vouch for company or mop the floor with them, it really says little about them.

You'll get better results by picking a few companies and then searching the forums for experiences with them, and see if they're mostly positive/negative and/or if they touch on the topics that matter you the most.

My $0.02.

JoseQ
    TailorMadeServers.Com - Dallas Dedicated Servers since 2003
    joseq@tailormadeservers.com | Skype (TailorMadeServers) | http://twitter.com/tailoredservers

I actually just purchased a dedicated from limestonenetworks.com

So far the experience has been very pleasant. The prices are good and the support is phenomenal. One of the support guys actually gave me his cell! This is my first experience with a dedi so I am going to wait a while before posting a review but so far so good!

Quote Originally Posted by YMHBrett View Post
    There isn;t really a "best" server company. Some of the Recommended ones are Burst.Net, The Planet, Liquid Web. You could also get an unmanaged server and have someone like Steve from Rack911 manage it, and secure it.
    I currenlty have a unmanaged server, and having someone manage it would be great, but who exactly is Steve from Rack911?

I'm guessing that's a website, and a guy name Steve works there...

Yeah it's: http://rack911.com/

So what's your experience with them, and are they very high cost wise?

It seems their managed prices start at $100.00 So that means I would have to find an unmanaged server for $50.00 Which I know wont happen.

I guess I'll just take a look at unmanaged.

I promise you that the world's greatest web host is also the best valued one: LocalHost - Providing services like no one else can.
    Doug Hazard - "retired" Web Hosting Master
    * Full Stack (Web/WP) Dev for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond (160+ sites)
    * Sports Photographer, Media Personality and CFB Historian
    * Tech Admin for several Sports Networks/Sites

WOW THANKS DOUGLAS, THEIR NETWORK IS SO RAPID FAST!!!1!!11111!One!1!1!111!Eleven!11!!1!!!

E:\Users\Robert>ping 127.0.0.1 -n 10

Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:
    Packets: Sent = 10, Received = 10, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

WOW HOW DID I MISS THEM BEFORE! The must have multiple datacenters in every city and state!!!! Just can't seem to find the homepage to sign up

Ahhh that was good! :-)

127.0.0.1 works for me actually! ...

Yeah worked for me as well. I just signed up for their Platinum Dedicated server plan. Everything seems to be going well Thanks man

You don't really have quite a budget for a managed server with cpanel!
    you should consider increasing your budget!

Wow LocalHost is really good. I went to it and it even has a site under it

No honestly, ServerTag has been the best host for me yet. Support is great and uptime is still 100% for me.
    Cash4Berry.com - Sell your cell for cash!

Quote Originally Posted by HastyHost View Post
    Yeah it's: http://rack911.com/

So what's your experience with them, and are they very high cost wise?

There's only 3 outsourced admin companies on here that I would even recommend

Rack911 is definitely one. Steve has helped me out of a bind very effectively a few times
    Web Hosting Plus
    Premium Australian Web Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by HastyHost View Post
    Hi,

I need to know the best dedicated server company to host a server with.

I would like my server to be managed, and to possibly receive a 160GB hard drive and 1500 bandwidth with Cpanel (this is the mimum requirment) for an affordable price, more less under $150.00.

It would be great if they had live chat as well 24/7 or a phone number for support 24/7.

Thanks guys
    Try Atjeu! We are with them for long enough to review them. No downtime and lightening quick support!
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Dedicated Servers • Domain Names
    Custom Web Development • Mobile Application Development • SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

Here's the answer to your riddle. "The Best Dedicated Server Company" is the one that matches your needs. Make a list of your needs and find a few companies that match up. Research those companies the best you can and then order your server. If the first one on your list doesn't match up then be prepared to move to the next one on your list. Of course, please do tell the prospective providers your expectations, so they may better live up to your needs and remain your company of choice.

Don't forget to give kudos to the company that does match up, like by posting a positive review on WHT or buying the Account Manager a new car or something. lqoti.
    Shawn Bray
    Pinellas Hosting - www.pinellashosting.com
    Dedicated Servers | Collocation | Webhosting | Data Backup | Domain Registration