Question does my VPS need more RAM?

Dear friends,

After having some problems to access my websites my VPS provider has said me that I would need mor RAM.

I have 384 MB/1024MB Burstable RAM in a reliable hosting provider.

I have 5 websites with Joomla, without forums or multimedia, just some guides, manuals and ads, 50 visits a day each one.

I use it to park 20 domains also (just with a static homepage with adsense, and 20 visits a month each one).

Do you think I need more RAM?

Víctor, Spain

Hola Victor, well, take note that cPanel by itself takes around 270MB of RAM, so you have 114MB of free RAM... in my opinion enough for that small usage you're having. An advice I can give you is that, if you're not using the email service too much, you can turn off spamassasin and clamav, you'll be amazed how many megs you can save.

Good luck.
    Need Further Assistance ? Here you go !

Hi, Victor, and there are some methods you can find out how much real RAM your VPS is using (just do some google search), then you would know the current condition of your VPS better.

But I agree with nimbar, 384M should be enough for your sites.

Quote Originally Posted by frosman View Post
    Dear friends,

After having some problems to access my websites my VPS provider has said me that I would need mor RAM.

I have 384 MB/1024MB Burstable RAM in a reliable hosting provider.

I have 5 websites with Joomla, without forums or multimedia, just some guides, manuals and ads, 50 visits a day each one.

I use it to park 20 domains also (just with a static homepage with adsense, and 20 visits a month each one).

Do you think I need more RAM?

Víctor, Spain
    Which CP do you have?
    Which server software do you use (Apache/MySQL/PHP).

I use cPanel and Apache/MySQL/PHP