Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    87

    Best server for $80 w/ Windows 2003 web?

    Hello all, I was wondering, what is the best server I can get for $80, with Windows Web 2003? Please, nobody that resells for BurstNET. I'm looking for at least a Pentium 2.8 ghz w/ 1gb ram.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    3,696
    www.volumedrive.com (HostNOC datacenter)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by vipeax View Post
    www.volumedrive.com (HostNOC datacenter)
    which is burstNET.. i'm looking for anything other than burstnet resellers right now

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    3,696
    O sorry its getting late

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    5,084
    Wholesaleinternet.com had a sale in the dedicated offers section for just that.

    They are a good provider.
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Roflcopterrr View Post
    which is burstNET.. i'm looking for anything other than burstnet resellers right now
    Not entirely true. We operate in two facilities one in NYC and the other is Burst, and we are not a reseller... as we operate our own offices, equipment, support, etc..
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by volumedrive View Post
    Not entirely true. We operate in two facilities one in NYC and the other is Burst, and we are not a reseller... as we operate our own offices, equipment, support, etc..
    but the servers you provide in your NYC facility is only very high-end.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    3,696
    Is an AMD x2 4200 with 1GB ram (that's what I started with) for 75$/mo high-end?

    OrgName: Network Operations Center Inc.
    OrgID: NOC
    Address: PO Box 591
    City: Scranton
    StateProv: PA
    PostalCode: 18501-0591
    Country: US

    ReferralServer: rwhois://rwhois.hostnoc.net:4321/

    NetRange: 66.197.128.0 - 66.197.255.255
    CIDR: 66.197.128.0/17
    NetName: HOSTNOC-2BLK
    NetHandle: NET-66-197-128-0-1
    Parent: NET-66-0-0-0-0
    NetType: Direct Allocation
    NameServer: NS1.HOSTNOC.NET
    NameServer: NS2.HOSTNOC.NET
    Comment: ADDRESSES WITHIN THIS BLOCK ARE NON-PORTABLE
    RegDate: 2001-11-01
    Updated: 2003-08-08

    RTechHandle: SMA4-ARIN
    RTechName: Arcus, S. Matthew
    RTechPhone: +1-570-343-8551
    RTechEmail: [email protected]

    OrgTechHandle: SMA4-ARIN
    OrgTechName: Arcus, S. Matthew
    OrgTechPhone: +1-570-343-8551
    OrgTechEmail: [email protected]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,984
    Yeap Aaron offers great support, once in a while the sales at his dedicated offers thread is too good to be missed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post
    Wholesaleinternet.com had a sale in the dedicated offers section for just that.

    They are a good provider.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by vipeax View Post
    Is an AMD x2 4200 with 1GB ram (that's what I started with) for 75$/mo high-end?

    OrgName: Network Operations Center Inc.
    OrgID: NOC
    Address: PO Box 591
    City: Scranton
    StateProv: PA
    PostalCode: 18501-0591
    Country: US

    ReferralServer: rwhois://rwhois.hostnoc.net:4321/

    NetRange: 66.197.128.0 - 66.197.255.255
    CIDR: 66.197.128.0/17
    NetName: HOSTNOC-2BLK
    NetHandle: NET-66-197-128-0-1
    Parent: NET-66-0-0-0-0
    NetType: Direct Allocation
    NameServer: NS1.HOSTNOC.NET
    NameServer: NS2.HOSTNOC.NET
    Comment: ADDRESSES WITHIN THIS BLOCK ARE NON-PORTABLE
    RegDate: 2001-11-01
    Updated: 2003-08-08

    RTechHandle: SMA4-ARIN
    RTechName: Arcus, S. Matthew
    RTechPhone: +1-570-343-8551
    RTechEmail: [email protected]

    OrgTechHandle: SMA4-ARIN
    OrgTechName: Arcus, S. Matthew
    OrgTechPhone: +1-570-343-8551
    OrgTechEmail: [email protected]
    that's not even in their NYC facility..

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    3,696
    ugh, i shut up . I was totally lost i guess. I figured it out now. wiieeee.

  12. #12
    vipeax, yes we do place X2's in the NYC facility.
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by volumedrive View Post
    vipeax, yes we do place X2's in the NYC facility.
    you do?

    *consideration*

  14. #14
    Yes, we do. Please contact us for a full quote or any questions you may have.

    Thank You.
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post
    Wholesaleinternet.com had a sale in the dedicated offers section for just that.

    They are a good provider.
    I also have had good luck with wholesaleinternet and would recommend them.

  16. #16
    With such low budget dedicated server is fine but if you are planning to do hosting then you will not get any good control panel on windows to manage server and windows servers are really bad to manage. If your application is not hosting then you can choose iweb or superb has some good clearance servers.
    - Akash Kava
    My Blog
    Web Atoms JS

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    3,696
    Plesk does manage Windows pretty well actually.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tega Cay
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by Akash.Kava View Post
    With such low budget dedicated server is fine but if you are planning to do hosting then you will not get any good control panel on windows to manage server and windows servers are really bad to manage. If your application is not hosting then you can choose iweb or superb has some good clearance servers.
    I'm beginning to see a pattern with your posts. You just here today to bash Windows? DotNetPanel, Plesk, Helm 3 (maybe 4 by now) are all fine Windows hosting control panels. I can't speak for the others since I have not used them. Windows server management is not "bad" for me, it's what I know. I could easily say Solaris is bad. why, because I don't know it. Certainly doesn't make it bad though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •