* Newbie needs some advice and suggestions

Hello everyone. I am completely new to this online ecommerce stuff. I am planning on opening up some online stores to make some extra money and if real successful replace current job. I have always wanted my own business. I have been doing some research on products as will as hosting services. Of course I have no idea how much traffic I will get just how much I hope for, lots . I still haven't even pinned down my exact products yet! I Do not understand all the terms yet that are used out there but am getting the basics down. I have narrowed down my choices for hosting services to four and would like some feed back on them if you wouldn't mind. the four choices are Bluehost, IX web hosting, Lunarpages, and Hostgator. My wife is setting up a affiliate website and is setting up with Hostgator. I am setting up a ecommerce web site or what I believe you call a reseller site. Which hosting service would any of you suggest and or any reviews or thoughts would be helpful. thanks
    Last edited by village1; 01-25-2008 at 04:07 PM. Reason: spelling corrections

HostGator Comes pretty well recommended around here. They would probably be a good fit . Bluehost does as well. Those would probably be your better bets.
    Brett Meadors

If you are looking for a Linux based reseller hosting when I recommend Hostdime or Surpasshosting. You can choose one as your budget.
    DomainCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart with Integrated Bootstrap Hosting Template.
    www.domaincart.net - Demo

A reseller account is an account that sells hosting to other users. I think you are a bit confused.

* reseller

Like I said I'm new to a lot of the terms out here. I joined this forum to learn a few things. I just did. Thanks.

there's a lot to learn here! Welcome to WHT

Quote Originally Posted by village1 View Post
    Hello everyone. I am completely new to this online ecommerce stuff. I am planning on opening up some online stores to make some extra money and if real successful replace current job. I have always wanted my own business. I have been doing some research on products as will as hosting services. Of course I have no idea how much traffic I will get just how much I hope for, lots . I still haven't even pinned down my exact products yet! I Do not understand all the terms yet that are used out there but am getting the basics down. I have narrowed down my choices for hosting services to four and would like some feed back on them if you wouldn't mind. the four choices are Bluehost, IX web hosting, Lunarpages, and Hostgator. My wife is setting up a affiliate website and is setting up with Hostgator. I am setting up a ecommerce web site or what I believe you call a reseller site. Which hosting service would any of you suggest and or any reviews or thoughts would be helpful. thanks
    As far as finding product suppliers goes, Alibaba and TradeKey are your best friends. I've found many low cost suppliers for various goods through those sites. Good luck with the eCommerce stores
    SHAW NETWORKS Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans 24/7/365 Live Technical Support
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

Thanks

Great, I'll check them out. Thanks for the info.

Like I said I'm new to a lot of the terms out here. I joined this forum to learn a few things. I just did. Thanks.
    Looks like you're not after reseller hosting, so thread moved to Web Hosting Forum.

I suggest you to avoid those "top 10 hosts" lists from where it seems you got the 4 hosts of your election, those are paid, and the possition on the list is purely based in how much each host affiliate program do pay per referral.
    Since you don't need those huge amount of space and bandwidth, then, do yourself a favor, and don't go for a host offering it, as biggest and cheaper the plans are (where and in those ridiculous terms), the highest are the possibilities of end on an unstable and overloaded server.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore