Cheapest solution for an 800 number?

I am looking for a cheap place (merchant) to buy an 1800 number from; it must support call forwarding. Best solution for me would be a solution that would forward the call to my cell phone number.

Thanks in Advance,
    Travis
    TWC, LLC - USA based w/ three teams behind us!
    We will beat any web development or design quote

http://totalwebcentral.com/

Are you just looking for a number to forward to your real number or are you actually looking to take ownership or a specific 800 number?

Let's talk custom servers and reseller plans

Quote Originally Posted by WHC - Travis View Post
    I am looking for a cheap place (merchant) to buy an 1800 number from; it must support call forwarding. Best solution for me would be a solution that would forward the call to my cell phone number.

Thanks in Advance,
    Travis
    www.kall8.com

Fantastic service.
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!

If you are looking for a full solution this place has been great so far, and has a free 800# currently

www.ringcentral.com

otherwise if its just an 800 number check your local carrier first, or Kall8 is good
    MyGoto.com
    Hosting for all minds...

I'm gonna give a thumbs up to Kall8 too, I only used Voice Mail and Fax but it was great.

We use www.quantumvoice.com for all of our phone needs (coupled with an asterisk box) and we have had no issues so far. Depending on how much you use it they have a nice unlimited toll free plan that has worked out great for us.
    Matt Armour
    OpenReaction

Quote Originally Posted by AHDOnline View Post
    If you are looking for a full solution this place has been great so far, and has a free 800# currently

www.ringcentral.com

otherwise if its just an 800 number check your local carrier first, or Kall8 is good
    I second that. Ringcentral provides incredible value, with all the bells and whistles, Highly recommended.
    Cpanel Hosting - Fast , Reliable, Stable, Secure - Since 1996
    CPanel/WHM Fantastico RVSkin Dual Quad Core Servers Raid 10 24x7 Toll-Free Phone Support

I had a similiar question but with a twist

I also wanted a 800Number that would have to have call fowarding so it could be forwarded to my cellphone but would I be charged for the incoming calls ?
    Proud VPS client of unixy.net
    They define "managed" VPS

i use
    http://gotvmail.com

have had excelent service with them.

hope this helps

Kall8 is by far the cheapest, but I'd say gotvmail.com is the best value for your money. Gotvmail.com offers a bunch of great features with their 800 numbers.
    SHAW NETWORKS Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans 24/7/365 Live Technical Support
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

Haven't had an issue so far with Toll Free Forwarding (tollfreeforwarding.com)

Great service, great price, and super curteous staff (They called me and had a nice conversation with me, just to verify that my number was working)

We've been using Kall8 for at least 5 years now. Works great, and you can change you configuration online with ease.

Kall8 all the way... have used them for several years and have been very happy with them.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

I'm with kall8, however it's very rare I need to use my US based 800 number.

I can't say what its like when diverted within the USA, but when diverted overseas the call quality is appalling
    Graham Craig

"IT'S NOT HOW GOOD YOU ARE, IT'S HOW BAD YOU WANT IT."

http://onebox.com - We will be moving to them, but they look great and there have been some recommendations on them here previously.
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

I honestly do not really see a need for 800 numbers. There are so many people using cell phones...

One Question Though

if the 800 Number forwards to your phone

then do you use the 800 Number Minutes or your Cell Phone Minutes ?
    Proud VPS client of unixy.net
    They define "managed" VPS

Quote Originally Posted by redcell1 View Post
    I had a similiar question but with a twist

I also wanted a 800Number that would have to have call fowarding so it could be forwarded to my cellphone but would I be charged for the incoming calls ?
    You would be charged both for minutes on the 800 line AND the minutes on your cell phone.
    Nick Hudson - Prevail Host LLC - http://www.prevail.host/
    Premium Quality cPanel Hosting Services - CloudLinux, LiteSpeed & SSD
    WHMControl - Secure Your Server Logins & Automate Password Changes

Quote Originally Posted by berlin56 View Post
    I honestly do not really see a need for 800 numbers. There are so many people using cell phones...
    (1) There are people who believe telephone support is necessary.

(2) There are people who feel an 800# portrays an image of professionalism -- customers think that a toll-free number is a sign of an established company;

(3) Not everybody is using a cell phone, and some people simply refuse to place a long-distance phone call to do business with a company;

(4) Not all businesses are run using land lines, some businesses are using VOIP to route calls, and filtering at the incoming # level can be helpful;

(5) There are some small businesses which actually are being run with a cell phone on the back-end and I don't know about you, but if I was in that position I would not want my cell number sitting out for everybody and their uncle to call direct ;

(6) Not to mention that at least with an 800# you can regulate what calls ring through and which ones do not (e.g., business hours) so that if you do use a cell phone for business matters, it won't ring all night (or while you are madly working on a server outage and desperately need to concentrate...);

and that's just off the top of my head.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

I'm in the UK and need to make international calls to customers. What's the cheapest and best option? I want to use a hard phone (like a cisco or a polycom)

We utilize Kall8, albeit we don't utilize the toll free line much but we do enjoy the service.

We switched to Time Warner Cable Business phone last year and moved our 800 to that as well... So far, no problems, and saved us about $1400/mo. compared our ATT phone bill.
    Jeremy Anthony Kinsey ([email protected]) - 262-248-6759
    Budget Dedicated Servers/Colocation HostDrive.Com
    cPanel Hosting/Dedicated Servers HostingLizard.Com
    19 Years in the Hosting Business!

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    and saved us about $1400/mo. compared our ATT phone bill.
    Imagine that........ Sorry, this is one of those issues that is just permanently stuck under my skin. IMO, it's about time the phone companies get a run for their money. When I had a bricks-and-mortar storefront, the phone bills bled me dry. They were awful... and we hardly did any businesses on the phone! Maybe a handful of customer calls a month... otherwise the phone lines were there:
    (a) for 911,
    (b) because a store couldn't not have a phone number (you know, keeping up "appearances" and all),
    (c) so we could dial up the internet (local call), and
    (d) so we could process credit card charges on our CC machine (toll-free #).
    The primary line was kept open for customers/voice calls... the 2nd line was for credit cards, faxes and internet.

Between the two it was not unusual for the monthly phone bills to be over $200. For a teeny-tiny 700 sq. ft. gift shop!! We are talking small business here... $200/month is a lot of money in that kind of budget. It was highway freakin' robbery.

But I couldn't just dump them (no matter how much I wanted to) because we could only get dial-up internet at the time... we had to have a line to process CC charges... etc.

In the last couple of years at the storefront we saved a bucketload of money by bringing in Charter cable internet ($60/month for their mid-range package at the time) and Vonage ($15.95/month). I installed Cerberus and advertised our AIM ID on the shop's website, in an effort to step up customer service/communication in light of no longer having a customer service phone line. There are always old-schoolers who just absolutely require a telephone call and if it sounded like the order was big enough, I'd call her on my cell phone. No biggie. Otherwise, Charter brought us way way way more faster better funner internet and the Vonage line worked perfectly for the CC machine.

So I saved a solid 60% on communications costs to the storefront, and we got high-speed internet, which for me (as an internet addict) was the biggest benefit of the whole deal. The value added there was immeasurable. Seriously over-the-top.

Cable companies are offering combo packages everywhere now (TV/internet/phone) and especially in the tech field where we can work from "mobile offices" (which means, wherever our laptop happens to be), and considering how we can easily route our phone calls wherever they are needed, thanks to technology... doing business in any industry really has come a very long way from where it was just a few years ago... and the costs have nose-dived as well.

Now if we could just get electric and water/sewer rates to follow suit... (Fat chance of that!! )

Bailey
    Last edited by bithost(NET); 02-05-2008 at 10:52 PM.

i have use IDV

they offer alot of different solution for ur 800 needs

gave then a call

http://www.idv.net

I'm using onebox.com right now. Pretty decent. I want to try out other companies like gotvmail.com and phonepeople.com.

kali8.com looks cheap, but when you add up the per minute charges, it turns out to be more expensive if you use a lot of minutes. 500 minutes at 6.9 cents = $34.50, plus vanity number of $15/mo.

I might as well spend $30 and get 500 minutes and a one time vanity number setup fee of $25.

you can try ringcentral.com they are fairly decent

ringcentral.com looks interesting. I might just sign up for a free trial.

Depending on your needs you can get a trixbox VPS asterisk server($20-$30/month), and a free toll-free number(unlimited simultaneous calls inbound/outbound) and pay 2cents a minute.

Or Pay for X minutes up front etc.. Contact me if you need some help.
    boxVPS.com - How big is your box?

I hate to jump off topic but are there any 1800 number seller that accept more than just Credit Cards?

Quote Originally Posted by Exploit-Hosting View Post
    I hate to jump off topic but are there any 1800 number seller that accept more than just Credit Cards?
    Yes, I am wondering too.
    Is there other company who can accept paypal ?

The only service I used was kall8.com
    Did not have problems using it, but cancelling was not that easy. The first request somehow went mia and had to call them up again. No biggie, but again had no problems with the service itself.
    Netrillium.com, Inc.
    http://www.netrillium.com
    Since 2002

You could buy a number with SkypeIN.

Quote Originally Posted by bithost(NET) View Post
    Imagine that........ Sorry, this is one of those issues that is just permanently stuck under my skin. IMO, it's about time the phone companies get a run for their money. When I had a bricks-and-mortar storefront, the phone bills bled me dry. They were awful... and we hardly did any businesses on the phone!

Cable companies are offering combo packages everywhere now (TV/internet/phone) and especially in the tech field where we can work from "mobile offices" (which means, wherever our laptop happens to be), and considering how we can easily route our phone calls wherever they are needed, thanks to technology... doing business in any industry really has come a very long way from where it was just a few years ago... and the costs have nose-dived as well.

Now if we could just get electric and water/sewer rates to follow suit... (Fat chance of that!! )

Bailey
    Man do I hear you there! Our first year in business, back in 1997 we spent over $240,000 on telecommunications with just Ameriwreck! Today, that same amount is likely less than $10k/yr.

It was worse before the original break up back in the 80's... That $240k accounted for more than a 1/3 of our income that year btw... OUCH!

Yeah, I have no love left for Ma Bell... Electric and Water! I hear you again brother!!! Some day!! Some day! Though I am not sure I want the Cable Company handling the sewer... What happens when the satellites have issues?
    Jeremy Anthony Kinsey ([email protected]) - 262-248-6759
    Budget Dedicated Servers/Colocation HostDrive.Com
    cPanel Hosting/Dedicated Servers HostingLizard.Com
    19 Years in the Hosting Business!