HiVelocity AGAIN

Never use them.. Pay for 100Mbit get 10Mbit ask for server reboot they say something else is wrong i check * logs nothing was wrong. I get new IP's so they null the old ones even though the ticket stated there was DNS pointing that needed to stay live.

What Site/Sites Do you have hosted with them? Has this happened before?
    Brett Meadors

Quote Originally Posted by lidd3r View Post
    Never use them.. Pay for 100Mbit get 10Mbit ask for server reboot they say something else is wrong i check * logs nothing was wrong. I get new IP's so they null the old ones even though the ticket stated there was DNS pointing that needed to stay live.
    I don't find them to be a particularly good provider, but I'm not sure how you expect to receive new IP's while also maintaining the old IP's without paying for the additional IP space.

Because I can paste transcripts saying you have both allocations let me know when your finished with the old IP's... And its dedicated hosting had nothing but trouble have a look at my other posts the general manager ended up answering..
    As for the reboot I asked for proof by hooking up a KVMoIP not even 5 minutes later it came online..... We are looking at other options now.

I will also paste a transcript when I go back to work in the morning of how stupid there tech support is.. He says my IP is alive but 97.1 is down (97.1 is there gateway$!#$). I asked him to test externally with no luck. I also do not like the fact anyone can see how much bandwidth any one server uses a month including the core's.

The billing section add a RDNS entry.. Add a duplicate instead of giving you a nice error it throws the MySQL error. Yeh real nice way!

Lodge a support ticket get a auto response cant login to Kayako to view it either.

Quote Originally Posted by lidd3r View Post
    I am sorry you are having problems. If you are paying for 100Mbps we give you 100Mbps, not 10Mbps. Please either email or PM me your ticket # so I can investigate the issue. If any mistakes were made on our part I am happy to make things right with you.
    Steve Eschweiler- Hivelocity- Director of Operations
    Bare Metal Servers. Colocation. Private Cloud.
    Customers in over 130 countries. Privately owned and operated data centers.
    Limited Supply Outlet Server Specials

I am not sure what changed from only one week ago when you posted this on this same forum...

"the box is up and performing how we need it."

I have emailed you several times and you claim you never received them. Your Account Manager has emailed you offering to help and those have not been replied to. I replied to you on our Hivelocity forum and you never acknowledged me but stated here that no one has made any effort to contact you. I have checked your 2 trouble tickets. The first ticket regarding ips was resolved within 2 hours. The second ticket where you state you are capped at 10Mbps was replied to within 10 minutes showing you our test results where we push 50Mbps+ without issue is still waiting on a reply from you.

I hate losing business but it seems you and Hivelocity may not be a good fit. Although we have a no refund policy on our dedicated servers, I am willing to make an exception in this case, so if you want your money back and wish to part ways please email me directly and we will gladly proceed.
    Last edited by hivelocitygm; 01-24-2008 at 12:11 PM.

You can't satisfy everyone Steve, still giving a (complete?) refund is very nice of you.

Sorry for hi-jacking this thread:
    Any news about the download speeds I was getting? I pmed you about that a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by vipeax View Post
    You can't satisfy everyone Steve, still giving a (complete?) refund is very nice of you.

Any news about the download speeds I was getting? I pmed you about that a few days ago.
    Hi Vipeax,
    Go check that other thread now. I just posted an updated link. For some reason I posted an old download link that is hosted on one of our shared servers which can obviously skew the results. The new link is the one I should have been using all along.

I just got a new server with Hivelocity. Lets check how it will be.
    Its a unmanaged server so I think I will be the only person managing it.

I have been with Hivelocity for a few months now. Not a problem so far. Just moved up to a quad core. Which is also unmanaged. Fast setup.
    http://www.bikershangout.com
    Is one of the sites hosted on it.

Thanks for the information . I hope I will get the best service from Hivelocity.
    Lets hope for the best. But I got the server really fast. so hats of to Hivelocity.
    Just wondering with Vick R.

He might be on a holiday :O. Send a PM to steve?
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=109904

Thumbs up

I have to say that was a bold move on your part Steve due to our strict "No refunds of Dedicated Server monthly service charges or setup fees."
    in our billing policy

But I would rather see you do that than keep fighing with the client when this is not our support forum and it appears that all his posts since signing up for WHT have been bashing us in some way.

Nice work Steve.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN [email protected]
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test

I've been with Hivelocity for like...3 months now ?

Couldn't be happier!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by shellnil View Post
    Thanks for the information . I hope I will get the best service from Hivelocity.
    Lets hope for the best. But I got the server really fast. so hats of to Hivelocity.
    Just wondering with Vick R.

What is it you need from Vick R?
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Network Speed Test

Nothing wrong with Vick R. Was just wondering where is he. he was the best of Hivelocity providing me all the server info and configuration though I wasnt the client of Hivelocity. One reason I signed up with Hivelocity was Vick R.

Quote Originally Posted by HiVelocity View Post
    it appears that all his posts since signing up for WHT have been bashing us in some way.
    Since you quoted me, do you refer to me with "his"?

Since you quoted me, do you refer to me with "his"?

No I was speaking of the OP.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Network Speed Test

Quote Originally Posted by HiVelocity View Post
    No I was speaking of the OP.
    Ok thanks for enlighting that.

Steve, thanks for the new download link, I made it to 1.1MBps now from Holland.

I will sign up with you when a server at a host I'm leaving has ended (so next month).

Talking

Ok thanks for enlighting that.

Steve, thanks for the new download link, I made it to 1.1MBps now from Holland.

I will sign up with you when a server at a host I'm leaving has ended (so next month).
    Welcome The Board
    << Please see the Rules page for signature limitations. >>

21. I've been with HiVelocity for over a year now. I just added another server with them. Kevin and the support team went way beyond what kind of service I have experienced with other providers.

I looked around for other providers and yea I found some great offers. I thought of moving... Then I had a small issue with the new server I ordered and they went out of their way to make it right and see I was happy. I have no thoughts of leaving now.
    McNulty Hosting - sales[at]mcnultyhosting.com
    Shared Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Joomla Hosting

++ for HiVelocity. Been with them for few years now. They really do their best to keep a customer happy. Over the years, there's been problems of course, but it's always been resolved in a fast, very friendly manner.

Cheers,

Tom