Thumbs down anrhost.com customer service has disappeared

I have been with anrhost for over two years. Up until the last week, they have been fairly good.

But I haven't had any issues until a week ago.

I have moved computers and... yes, you guessed it, I have forgotten my password to access the cPanel to administer all the good stuff at my site.

I asked customer service to provide me with my login and password. After going through several day-between back and forth exchanges with them providing me logins from years back, instead of offering to reset my password for me, I was informed that I should have been making sure my billing account password was the same as my cPanel password since that is the only one they have record of.

sigh -- I realize that the original issue is mine for forgetting, but a full week of this is unacceptable.

Odd, because changing a cPanel password is simple. I counted, 3 clicks is all it takes...
    DILIGENThost.com, Canadian hosting based on high-availability w/ 24/7 bilingual (French) support & 100% uptime -> Toll free phone support
    cPanel/WHM 11 + Fantastico, PHP4&5, Private nameservers, Unlimited domains & features, Self Serve DNS...Shared / Reseller / VPS / Dedicated | Webmasters-Inside.com - Come join our new webmaster forum!

Yea, that really doesn't make much sense. Any word since you posted this?
    Brett Meadors

Can't you just press the forgot password on cPanel and it automatically generates a new password which is sent to your email?
    Rageki Web Hosting Solutions - Canada & United States Web Hosting
    DirectAdmin & cPanel Control Panels
    99% Uptime!
    30 Day Money Back Guaranteed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rageki-John View Post
    Can't you just press the forgot password on cPanel and it automatically generates a new password which is sent to your email?

Sounds terrible.

cPanel 11 doesn't have the "forgot password" link anymore, but 3 clicks from the host and to fix the problem.

Good luck getting it fixed.

they finally reset the password for me.

in the last email from support they told me their non-business response times range from 12-24 hours -- which is great stuff to know, but I would put that in a signature line at the bottom of every email from customer support.

I remember past help emails where it was almost like IM-ing them.