Linux Clustered Reseller

Who is offering Linux clustered reseller hosting with Awstats.

Are you looking for something like reseller3k.com?

I'm not sure what is your meaning of clustered reseller hosting, is it to make a fail over system?

If yes, I recall a few site:

ResellerZoom
    Reseller3k
    Media Temple (not sure if they have reseller plan)
    NoFrillsLogo.com - Never pay more for your logo!

Professional Design & Low Prices. We Design Until You are Satisfied Guaranteed!
    Click Here To Boost Your Company Profit With a Real Logo

All H-Sphere hosting companies provide clustered hosting (Eirca, Jodohost, Cartika etc.)
    Antonis Adamakos @ FuzzFree :: Fully Managed Web Hosting, Development, Online Marketing

I'm using ResellerZoom at the moment. I think they have to much downtime - but their support is very fast.

How about Reseller3k - is it working? and how is the support? Do they offer Awstat?

Well, Reseller3k offers DirectAdmin and "Live Stats". I don't know exactly if they offer awstat, guess you should ask them first.
    I've had a pretty good experience with cartika in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by royo View Post
    I've had a pretty good experience with cartika in the past.
    You don't use Cartika anymore? Why?

Used them some months back I think, for a small project for one of our customers, but he grew and he ended up needing a load-balanced dedicated server solution . Search for more reviews if you're interested in cartika or any other host for that matter.

Hello,

I think I found your email in our spam box, I have replied now, sorry for any delays. Our support is usually very quick to respond and fix any problems when they arise, you can search for "Rockmyweb" reviews on here to see how our support deals with other services. Reseller3K is a new brand name, so there might not be too much about it yet.

Sincerely,

Quote Originally Posted by Xana View Post
    You don't use Cartika anymore? Why?
    Cartika looks good, but in particular I hate HSphere...

I'm using ResellerZoom at the moment. I think they have to much downtime - but their support is very fast.

How about Reseller3k - is it working? and how is the support? Do they offer Awstat?
    Really?
    I was planning to order a reseller account from them....
    just because they provide support for Postgresql

avoid ResellerZoom

I had been with ResellerZoom for about 2 year (budget and failover servers). The service provided by them was VERY unstable, especially on "fail-over" servers. The worst situation was on a budget server however - no emails for all my clients for more than a week. There was almost no single day without a problem.

My advice is: if you or your clients need a stable host stay away from ResellerZoom.

Quote Originally Posted by albatroz View Post
    but in particular I hate HSphere...
    Why do you hate HSpere?

Why do you hate HSpere?
    1rst: Creation of hosting plans is quite complicated, so many parameters to configure

2nd: From time to time (when your provider adds new servers) you need to add servers/hostnames to your DNS zone.

2nd: From time to time (when your provider adds new servers) you need to add servers/hostnames to your DNS zone.
    I don't understand. You mean one of your main reasons for hating H-Sphere is that you have to hit the submit button in the server aliases section in order to get more servers added to the multi server automation system? Perhaps I am not understanding correctly.

For the first concern: You have to do that with any billing system. Parameters are potential billing items. H-Sphere is setup, though, so you can skip all that if you want.

I think, perhaps, your current provider has made you a little blinkered on H-Sphere. Have you tried the latest H-Sphere on a provider that doesn't limit you? Of the complaints I have heard about H-Sphere (like any system) the two you mentioned are most certainly new to me and I have been using it since it's early days.

Simon

1rst: Creation of hosting plans is quite complicated, so many parameters to configure
    You could set the billing to none and just set the traffic and quotas like you would have to with any control panel system. The other options that make hsphere "more complicated" also make it what it -- control panel and billing in one. If you wanted to charge for ever little feature, you could. If you don't want to, then you don't have to enter anything. The only fields at are required are the quotas and traffic, the rest can be blank.

Also, the server aliases you mention are also the kicker with hsphere as you get access, in most cases at least, to tons of servers instead of just one. Also, you get access to more servers as they come online, so you continue to spread accounts across multiple servers.
    -Steven | u2-web, LLC - Clustered Shared Hosting
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" -Aristotle

If you have downtimes on ResellerZoom reseller acount mean this that your account is not on a failover. Maybe you have an advanced or Budget account. If you change to a failover server this will avoid downtimes.
    Online power for online people!

Quote Originally Posted by PowerDot View Post
    If you have downtimes on ResellerZoom reseller acount mean this that your account is not on a failover. Maybe you have an advanced or Budget account. If you change to a failover server this will avoid downtimes.
    Well I pay for their Failover Reseller Hosting Plan One. Mail is often down. I have had problems the last 3 days. I choosed Resellerzooms Failover Hosting Plan to some of my private homepages because i thought they were going to be extra stable.

I have siteuptime.com to check every 5 minutes that one of my sites SSL is working - this is the stat of january:

January 18, 2008 17:13:57 Failed (3 checks)
    January 21, 2008 06:59:12 Failed (1 check)
    January 22, 2008 13:35:54 Failed (10 checks)
    January 23, 2008 07:49:14 Failed (14 checks) (*)
    January 23, 2008 13:48:06 Failed (18 checks)
    January 23, 2008 17:30:31 Failed (2 checks)
    January 24, 2008 06:30:56 Failed (2 checks)
    January 24, 2008 06:45:12 Failed (19 checks)
    January 25, 2008 07:38:03 Failed (1 check)
    January 25, 2008 07:47:21 Failed (5 checks)
    January 25, 2008 08:54:22 Failed (4 checks)
    January 25, 2008 13:31:57 Failed (2 checks)
    January 25, 2008 20:13:33 Failed (1 check)

* = January 23, 2008:
    07:49 AM HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error 0.532
    07:54 AM HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error 0.293
    07:59 AM HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error 0.436
    08:04 AM HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error 0.266
    08:09 AM HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error 0.427
    08:14 AM HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error 0.433
    08:21 AM Unable to connect 32.905
    08:26 AM Unable to connect 34.482
    08:31 AM Unable to connect 31.785
    08:36 AM Unable to connect 32.818
    08:41 AM Unable to connect 27.549
    08:45 AM Connection refused 0.061
    08:50 AM Connection refused 0.028
    08:55 AM Connection refused 0.028
    01:48 PM HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error 0.578
    01:53 PM Connection refused 0.197
    01:58 PM Connection refused 0.198
    02:03 PM Connection refused 0.054
    02:08 PM Connection refused 0.066
    02:13 PM Connection refused 0.224
    02:18 PM Connection refused 0.228
    02:23 PM Connection refused 0.028
    02:28 PM Connection refused 0.041
    02:34 PM Connection refused 0.017
    02:39 PM Connection refused 0.020
    02:44 PM Connection refused 0.017
    02:49 PM Connection refused 0.017
    02:55 PM Connection refused 0.017
    03:05 PM Connection refused 0.018
    03:05 PM Connection refused 0.017
    03:11 PM Connection refused 0.018
    03:17 PM Connection refused 0.017
    05:30 PM Connection refused 0.017
    05:35 PM Connection timed out 20.153

Did you show them your reports, and ask them why? Might be your current server having trouble, and you can be moved to a better one?

Quote Originally Posted by gate2vn View Post
    Did you show them your reports, and ask them why? Might be your current server having trouble, and you can be moved to a better one?
    No - not the one above. But they cannot be unaware of the problems - apparently others also experience problems (when reading their own forum)

RZ Downtime

No on the thought that it is just his server... It is an ongoing problem and not just the Fail-Over servers. I have been with RZ for two years and the last six months have been plagued with problems. When my servers have switched to the fail over server I have had problems like zone files not transferring, mail delayed for three or more hours and etc.. Not interested in bashing RZ or going on a long rant but I have personally lost three clients due to downtime and more importantly constant problems with email. They seem to have excessive problems with service reliability, monitoring of services, and support that does not even read the ticket completely before they respond causing a lot of additional tickets and wasting everyone’s time. I hope they can resolve this soon as they have been suggesting for months.

SmarterMail isn't worth the money. It's not a Javascript application. Each time you click a link it reloads the whole page.

I had the same issues with ResellerZoom Failover, my sites were down more than up and support tickets took up to 18 hours and completely failed to provide a solution.

I dont know who you can choose because i got a VPS instead but i would strongly advise against ResellerZoom.

I don't see how they couldn't be aware of downtime like that.
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

The first and the last time I tried HSphere was 3 years ago and probably I tried a too new edition.

After the comments I received, I started to check some providers of HSphere reseller hosting accounts. I noticed that most of them provide Postgresql, however no one list the version they use, so my impression is that they don't use last versions.

For instance I contacted the sales people from Jodohost via chat
    and they told me that they are using version 7 ..

Dudes, the versions listed on PGSQL website are

8.3.0: Source · Binary · Notes
    8.2.6: Source · Binary · Notes
    8.1.11: Source · Binary · Notes
    8.0.15: Source · Binary · Notes
    7.4.19: Source · Binary · Notes

I am not asking them to support the very last 8.3.0 version, but they are 3 versions behind the latest!!, and Postgresql support was supposed to be one of the reasons why to choose HSphere ?

Quote Originally Posted by steven99 View Post
    You could set the billing to none and just set the traffic and quotas like you would have to with any control panel system. The other options that make hsphere "more complicated" also make it what it -- control panel and billing in one. If you wanted to charge for ever little feature, you could. If you don't want to, then you don't have to enter anything. The only fields at are required are the quotas and traffic, the rest can be blank.

Also, the server aliases you mention are also the kicker with hsphere as you get access, in most cases at least, to tons of servers instead of just one. Also, you get access to more servers as they come online, so you continue to spread accounts across multiple servers.

well, i`m sure Jodohost and many others have their own valuable arguments why to keep Postgresql 7.4.x running.

I can`t switch my server to PHP5, because many my websites were written for PHP4 and they are just not PHP5 compatible. Yes, PHP5 has a bunch of improvements, but i`m pretty satisfied how my websites are working with PHP4 and i do not need more.

The same with the PostgreSQL - many users are satisfied with old good reliable postgresql 7.4, and are aware of backward version compatibility.
    For exmpl, observe the list of known incompatibilities for this release http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/s...lease-8-2.html
    , and every other release has it`s own list.

For those who needs the latest Postgresql 8.3 features - it can be installed on new server in regular way, and all you need to do in order to use it with H-Sphere, is to tell H-Sphere not to use default PostgreSQL version:
    http://www.psoft.net/HSdocumentation..._versions.html