Looking for 2 Cabs at S and D Toronto

Hi,

I am looking for some cabinets at Switch and Data at 151 Front St.

I am looking for the following-

2 Cabinets
    60amps 120v each

Does anyone know who would be able to help me find this?
    Michael Castrogiovanni
    Highwinds Network Group [email protected]

Why S & D ?
    There are so many other options in that building.
    ------
    ColoHotel.net - Canada, The World!

Is there a reason you want 60amps per cabinet aside from cost?

If you were to go with 3 cabinets with 40amps each, which probably won't cost all that much more, you'd probably have a lot more options. Your servers would run a bit cooler to boot.
    ASTUTE HOSTING: Advanced, customized, and scalable solutions with AS54527 Premium Canadian Optimized Network (Level3, PEER1, Shaw, Tinet)
    MicroServers.io: Enterprise Dedicated Hardware with IPMI at VPS-like Prices using AS63213 Affordable Bandwidth (Cogent, HE, Tinet)
    Dedicated Hosting, Colo, Bandwidth, and Fiber out of Vancouver, Seattle, LA, Toronto, NYC, and Miami

This is for a customer who has space in other S and D facilities.

In those locations they have been allowed to do 60amps a cab. (I realize its a lot)

S and D told them that they only have 1 cab available right now.

So we would prefer 2 cabs in S and D but if there are other good options, at the same address, we would be open to them.

We would need to be able to run a GigE from GX to the cabs.
    Michael Castrogiovanni

We already have the GigE from GX.

Just need cabs to plug in into.
    Michael Castrogiovanni

Have you talked with peer1?

Peer1 quoted me some good rates and apparently they will be opening Canada's largest DC in Markham or something along these lines this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudstr View Post
    i have a sales contact for s & d if you want it.. i'm sure they sell their alacart cabs there too.
    Wont matter, S&D is building a *massive* new facility on the 5th floor, and doesn't want to sell any more space until then. While theres bits and pieces of room in 707/708, enough to get a few cabinets in line with existing rows, they refuse to for some reason.

Notably we're vacating a significant amount of space within S&D next month (~500sqft by the end of Feb), but they refuse to offer it as cabinet space, and state it will remain cage only (even though they've designed surrounding space with cabinets, ending right at our cage for some).

We have a customer who wanted us to maintain a cabinet for him within S&D (for cross connects only) and they said the only way this was going to happen is if we purchased a cage (not a realistic option for someone who needs 1/2 cab).

On a side note, under our contract at least, S&D capped power at 40A per cabinet (not unreasonable granted), though we were moving out due to consistent, and absurd price increases with *every* contract renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by porcupine View Post
    On a side note, under our contract at least, S&D capped power at 40A per cabinet (not unreasonable granted), though we were moving out due to consistent, and absurd price increases with *every* contract renewal.
    Did you have an MSA? we signed a 3 year MSA about 6 months ago got tired of the random price increases whenever we needed new power etc. i'm scared to see what is going to happen in 2.5 years. MRC increase there, NRC increase there. Every month it was a different answer.

Did you have an MSA? we signed a 3 year MSA about 6 months ago got tired of the random price increases whenever we needed new power etc. i'm scared to see what is going to happen in 2.5 years. MRC increase there, NRC increase there. Every month it was a different answer.
    Yep, we have a MSA, but we're in a bit of a unique position. We signed our contract when one MSA was in effect, but it was delivered when another was in effect. All of our paperwork is off at the accountants (PST audit this year :\ ), and S&D has refused multiple requests to send us a copy of our current MSA (I like to stay as far away as auditors as possible, let the professionals handle 'em).

We've seen various price increases during either MSA, including specifically power and cross connects (even though one of our terms included "additional power, $xx/amp"). We've had 0 luck at getting a reasonable explanation of such activities, and we're not exactly a small S&D customer (~500 sqft of space, over a dozen cx's, and around 1000A of power).

Quote Originally Posted by porcupine View Post
    Yep, we have a MSA, but we're in a bit of a unique position. We signed our contract when one MSA was in effect, but it was delivered when another was in effect. All of our paperwork is off at the accountants (PST audit this year :\ ), and S&D has refused multiple requests to send us a copy of our current MSA (I like to stay as far away as auditors as possible, let the professionals handle 'em).

We've seen various price increases during either MSA, including specifically power and cross connects (even though one of our terms included "additional power, $xx/amp"). We've had 0 luck at getting a reasonable explanation of such activities, and we're not exactly a small S&D customer (~500 sqft of space, over a dozen cx's, and around 1000A of power).
    I feel your pain. for what its worth S&D is a horrible comany to do business with. I've been trying toget ahold of sales people at 365main but yet no one answers their main sales number or email. Business must be great.... i'd rather go back to equinix than deal with s&d's excuses.

I feel your pain. for what its worth S&D is a horrible comany to do business with. I've been trying toget ahold of sales people at 365main but yet no one answers their main sales number or email. Business must be great.... i'd rather go back to equinix than deal with s&d's excuses.
    Agreed. In 1 month time, we should be done with them for the foreseeable future.

Anyone buying cabinets and moving critical business infrastructure into *ANY* of the providers mentioned in this thread (PC included of course) should do their research, and scan around for info from longterm customers, customers who have had issues (how were they resolved), contract renewals, and rate changes.

There are several providers mentioned in this thread that are either unsuitable for various reasons, or who will move you in on the cheap, then bump your billing up to "you're stuck now" rates at their next opportunity. If you dont know who they are, ask around!