Central US Server Providers

Hi all,

I am looking for a provider in the central US comparable to Wholesale Internet in pricing. The machine will be running a couple of COD4 servers, so non-Cogent/no packet loss network is needed. Any suggestions?

So, you want CHEAP and QUALITY = Nono .... whats the budget you have in mind?

I'm not looking to be "educated" by "CHEAP and QUALITY = Nono". The machine will be running personal game servers, so I'm not going to be needing Internap. A low end dual core cpu with 1GB of RAM would be plenty. BTW, WII sells those for $69-$89.

As I'm sure you know, the offers section is going to be your best bet on finding a provider. Find someone who's plans/offers seem to be coinciding with what you are looking for and run a search (i'm sure you know the process).

How many slots are you looking for? I would imagine a COD4 server would need to be a bit more beefed up than a standard Counter Strike Source server.

Also, what type of software are you looking to use, do you need a Linux (cPanel w/Game Addon) or a Windows (TCAdmin) solution?
    Ryan - Limestone Networks - Client Relations Manager
    Cloud, Dedicated & Enterprise Hosting - Premium Network - DDoS Protection Available
    Dedicated Servers @LimestoneInc - limestonenetworks.com - 877.586.0555

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan - Limestone View Post
    As I'm sure you know, the offers section is going to be your best bet on finding a provider. Find someone who's plans/offers seem to be coinciding with what you are looking for and run a search (i'm sure you know the process).

How many slots are you looking for? I would imagine a COD4 server would need to be a bit more beefed up than a standard Counter Strike Source server.

Also, what type of software are you looking to use, do you need a Linux (cPanel w/Game Addon) or a Windows (TCAdmin) solution?
    Hi Ryan, I have been looking at the offers forum for a few weeks and haven't came across what I'm looking for. Not all providers post there weekly. I have tested the specs I requested and the machine handles them fine...no need to go beefier. Either Linux or Windows with no panel addons is fine.

You may want to check out CoreNetworks. They don't have any dual core servers on their default plans, but could request a quote for one.

They're located in Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by vipeax View Post
    So, you want CHEAP and QUALITY = Nono
    I`d have to disagree with that equation seeing tier1 carriers and Internap pricing being close, if not the same as Cogent
    Petr Kral - FDCServers.net LLC
    Los Angeles - Seattle - Denver - Chicago - Miami- New York - Paris - London - Madrid - Amsterdam - Frankfurt - Vienna - DATACENTERS
    10+Tbps of internet connectivity --- 10G, 20G, 40Gbps unmetered services in 17 US & EU locations

I was looking at the first offer.. 35$.

Yes, with a budget of 89$ a lot is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by OSHS View Post
    Go for highsecured.com I do not know if they have exactly what you are looking for but I have used the 3 big companies in central american and they are by far the best with support and do custom server configurations.
    Big difference between Central US and Central America my friend