Anybody using Quickbooks?

I use quickbooks for my accounting software and was wondering if anybody also uses this, and if there is anyway to integrate it into the hosting process with WHM or any other hosting software control panel?

Yeap I use Quick books but no integration into any control panel. It is great on its own but have not heard of any integration.

Do you use it to bill clients as well as using your hosting software?

The problem im having is it seems with alot of things im doing double work, using the hosting software AND inputing invoices and payments into quickbooks, customer information etc...

Our accountants say to think of it as a cash register and nothing more. Use CRM software to handle business procedures with clients and only rely on QB to tell you how your business is doing financially.
    Ryan
    Sales / Network Support
    endOffice

Quote Originally Posted by endoffice View Post
    Our accountants say to think of it as a cash register and nothing more. Use CRM software to handle business procedures with clients and only rely on QB to tell you how your business is doing financially.
    That's pretty much it too -- it's very useful come tax time as well
    Nick Hudson - Prevail Host LLC - http://www.prevail.host/
    Premium Quality cPanel Hosting Services - CloudLinux, LiteSpeed & SSD
    WHMControl - Secure Your Server Logins & Automate Password Changes

thats the main reason i use it, as i have a few businesses that I run, the end of year features in Quickbooks are AWESOME to forward to my accountant. Just wish I could stop doing double work.

So if im to use it as a cash register only, when it comes time to audit *knock on wood* what then?

I fear no audit because our books are clean and I perfectly understand tax law. The IRS doesn't search here do they. Look everything is fine just look away! please stop talking.........
    Ryan
    Sales / Network Support
    endOffice

Checkout T-Hub from Atandra. They interface many products to quickbooks as middleware including ups worldship. Great product.

Will definitly check it out, thanks for the info

If your current billing/hosting panel can somehow export to Excel or a CSV then it would be possible to build an integration script (maybe a hook into the DB with a manual script?). QuickBooks has come quite far with their API in recent years and there are a slew of developers working with it.

Also, there is a product called QODBC that is an interface both inbound & outbound like crystal reports that will allow you to integrate custom code with quickbooks. This probably would be the alternative if you wanted to use a product like WHMCS and then have it post to QB.