Another recommend a host for me thread!

*edit: for some reason the spacing was removed from my entry so sorry for it being all bunched together Yes, its time for another edition of can you please recommend a host for me thread! Ok folks i've spent about 4 hours of my morning looking for an adequate host for my clients. I am a web designer and I provide mostly CMS driven sites to my clients, lately wordpress blogs as they are very easy to operate. Most of these sites do not require get a ton of visits but some do get a few hundred if not thousand a day visitors. I currently am hosted with MT on their DV base plan, it is 'ok' - I haven't had many other hosts so I don't have much to compare it to. I just know that it is sometimes often slow and I have heard complaints from a client claiming so on one of the sites I host, although it can be any number of things causing it, MT confirmed the site was running a bit slow. With that being said I am looking for a good recommendation for clients. I know it depends on their needs, such as ultimate speed, reliability and space and I have separated the ones I think would be good for unique situations and have not included them in this list, however I am looking for a 'general' host right now. I am really looking for something that blazes, preferably a hosting solution that offers litespeed and eAccelerator. I am also looking for SSH. I don't mind going with shared hosting but I don't want to fall prey to the evil over sell until my server explodes host. I want to be able to offer my clients an AFFORDABLE solution with saleability if necessary. One client right now uses about 350mb of space, the other about 4gigs because of picture and video hosting. I have narrowed it down to the following: hostgator - based on pretty good reviews here, the size, features and bandwidth all look good but they appear to over sell the hell out of themselves. Not sure if they offer eAccelerator or litespeed. Very competitively priced. hostingzoom- fail-over, good space and bandwidth, features, PHP 4+5 w/Zend Optimizer & eAccelerator. I have read some negative reviews about them recently though. Moderately and competitively priced. downtownhost - I always read good reviews about these guys, that their customer service is great, up time and features. They seem to offer a bit less space then hostingzoom and substantially less then hostgator which I can only assume they are doing this because they are not overselling as much. (again, I assume..) I can't tell if they offer litespeed or eAccelerator because their detailed features list is not very, uh detailed. crucialwebhost - This is my pricey host pick but offering it up as a faster solution being that they claim it is split-shared. The space looks good and they are fast, I have used them myself but canceled when they rose to 20/month. Same as above host, I can't tell if they offer litespeed or eAccelerator. Medialayer - first time i've heard of them actually all the rest I have known about. Did some research today and they look like a very good solution, but I think maybe not as a 'general' host that I can recommend since they have specific solutions for specific needs. I probably could justify moving one or more of my popular high bandwidth blogs to their server on the cheaper plan. One of my clients that take up a ridiculous amount of space I moved their photo gallery to dreamhost because of their billion gigabytes but I would like the rest of their site to be pretty fast so I have not put off on possibly hosting with Media Layer or something. I would also like to mention I am looking for a host with an affiliate program, unfortunately it looks like ML does not offer one being as uber fast as they claim to be and that I have read, its a shame. Liquid web host finds itself on my list as well but I don't have enough information on them yet, at first glance they appear to be quite a pricey solution. I have also looked into Precision Effect but didn't see many reviews here so that kind of worries me. I have pre-sale questions in with downtownhost and crucialwebhost as of right now. Anyway I appreciate any recommendations, thanks.
    Last edited by qwik3r2; 01-23-2008 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by qwik3r2 View Post
    Yes, its time for another edition of can you please recommend a host for me thread! Ok folks i've spent about 4 hours of my morning looking for an adequate host for my clients. I am a web designer and I provide mostly CMS driven sites to my clients, lately wordpress blogs as they are very easy to operate. Most of these sites do not require get a ton of visits but some do get a few hundred if not thousand a day visitors. I currently am hosted with MT on their DV base plan, it is 'ok' - I haven't had many other hosts so I don't have much to compare it to. I just know that it is sometimes often slow and I have heard complaints from a client claiming so on one of the sites I host, although it can be any number of things causing it, MT confirmed the site was running a bit slow. With that being said I am looking for a good recommendation for clients. I know it depends on their needs, such as ultimate speed, reliability and space and I have separated the ones I think would be good for unique situations and have not included them in this list, however I am looking for a 'general' host right now. I am really looking for something that blazes, preferably a hosting solution that offers litespeed and eAccelerator. I am also looking for SSH. I don't mind going with shared hosting but I don't want to fall prey to the evil over sell until my server explodes host. I want to be able to offer my clients an AFFORDABLE solution with saleability if necessary. One client right now uses about 350mb of space, the other about 4gigs because of picture and video hosting. I have narrowed it down to the following: hostgator - based on pretty good reviews here, the size, features and bandwidth all look good but they appear to over sell the hell out of themselves. Not sure if they offer eAccelerator or litespeed. Very competitively priced. hostingzoom- fail-over, good space and bandwidth, features, PHP 4+5 w/Zend Optimizer & eAccelerator. I have read some negative reviews about them recently though. Moderately and competitively priced. downtownhost - I always read good reviews about these guys, that their customer service is great, up time and features. They seem to offer a bit less space then hostingzoom and substantially less then hostgator which I can only assume they are doing this because they are not overselling as much. (again, I assume..) I can't tell if they offer litespeed or eAccelerator because their detailed features list is not very, uh detailed. crucialwebhost - This is my pricey host pick but offering it up as a faster solution being that they claim it is split-shared. The space looks good and they are fast, I have used them myself but canceled when they rose to 20/month. Same as above host, I can't tell if they offer litespeed or eAccelerator. Medialayer - first time i've heard of them actually all the rest I have known about. Did some research today and they look like a very good solution, but I think maybe not as a 'general' host that I can recommend since they have specific solutions for specific needs. I probably could justify moving one or more of my popular high bandwidth blogs to their server on the cheaper plan. One of my clients that take up a ridiculous amount of space I moved their photo gallery to dreamhost because of their billion gigabytes but I would like the rest of their site to be pretty fast so I have not put off on possibly hosting with Media Layer or something. I would also like to mention I am looking for a host with an affiliate program, unfortunately it looks like ML does not offer one being as uber fast as they claim to be and that I have read, its a shame. Liquid web host finds itself on my list as well but I don't have enough information on them yet, at first glance they appear to be quite a pricey solution. I have also looked into Precision Effect but didn't see many reviews here so that kind of worries me. I have pre-sale questions in with downtownhost and crucialwebhost as of right now. Anyway I appreciate any recommendations, thanks.
    Could you make this a little easier to read please?
    Brett Meadors

read the first line, the forum stripped the formatting away, regardless its still words that can still be read. ;o)

DELETE THREAD

I created a new thread here that is easier to read: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...77#post4921577 DELETE this thread please

At least it didn't translate your message into Chinese. Are you using Lynx or a terminal-based browser?
    openSUSE user

refer to other thread if you have something to contribute, please. I am using windows xp and FF lol, not sure what was up.

I believe you have do some homework before. What is your budget? I believe you need an affiliate program so that you can use it to cut down your cost further?
    Affordable Managed Hosting Solutions for Professional & Business since 2001
    Mxhub.com - Global : USA - UK - Canada - Europe - Asia Pacific