Desktop Configuration: Possible?

I think this request could be associated to as being non existent or before its time. However if there is a way to do this I believe it could drastically reduce costs associated with the setup.

Current Setup:
    3 Individual Desktop Workstations
    1 Main Server

Setup In Question:
    1 Main Server
    3 Workstations
    -Monitor, Input Devices, and some form of KVM Switch or comparable device, No actual "Computer"

Our goal would be to only have one main computer, the server, and setup some form of system where the computer would have three different terminals operating. With each terminal allowing independent sessions with each different session having its own form of a kvm switch.

It is desirable to us as we would be able to run 3 virtual computers off one machine. KVM switches or comparable devices would be needed as the four different components are all in separate rooms.

Where are you in Lexington? We did this setup over at Dunbar High School for one of our computer labs. I can recommend someone from the school if you wish to help you out .
    Brett Meadors

Quote Originally Posted by YMHBrett View Post
    Where are you in Lexington? We did this setup over at Dunbar High School for one of our computer labs. I can recommend someone from the school if you wish to help you out .
    Wow - I didn't believe that someone came from the same town as you Brett til now
    Nick Hudson - Prevail Host LLC - http://www.prevail.host/
    Premium Quality cPanel Hosting Services - CloudLinux, LiteSpeed & SSD
    WHMControl - Secure Your Server Logins & Automate Password Changes

Thank you for getting with me on AIM Brett.
    I will be touching base with the contact you offered soon.

If anyone else has any comments or suggestions please give me some feedback.

is what you just described similar to a dumb workstation/terminal

Elaborate a little bit on the dumb workstation/terminal idea if you wouldn't mind. I searched the phrase on google however it returned results with several differing methods. From what I read yes that is the right idea.

dumb terminal by means of using a central 'terminal server' to allow remote users to access applications and software without the expense of paying for a workstation for each

edit: im not sure how to set this up though, i think their are 'terminal' systems you can buy though that are basicly just a network device which allows you to conenct keyboard mouse and monitor
    Last edited by NWSTech; 01-29-2008 at 04:37 PM.

Okay thanks, Ill look those up.