Question for Smart Brain only !

Hi there

My question is only for any smart brain in here

I have one site www.MobileMastee.com hosted on Dedicated server(duo core),this domain is registered with Godaddy and its using NS1.MobileMastee.com NS2.MobileMastee.com as name servers.

On same server I have hosted www.Tagza.com and 2 others as addon domains, These addon domains are also using NS1.MobileMastee.com NS2.MobileMastee.com as name servers.

Now www.MobileMastee.com is moving to more powerful dedicated server(Dual Xeon, due to capacity problem)

My Question is, when www.MobileMastee.com is moving to new server, how www.Tagza.com and other addon domains will cope ?

I am sorry it might be confusing but I am facing this problem. Hoping for some very detailed support.

Thanks in advance .

You don't need to move your name servers with your domain, in fact you can point the A records of your domain name to the new more powerful server.

I'd assume you'd get new IP's for the new server, so you'd have to first update these IP's at the registrar.

I also assume you'd update your DNS info for mobilemastee to the new IP's and then keep the same DNS information for the other domains on the old server.

That was quick

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexDrive View Post
    You don't need to move your name servers with your domain, in fact you can point the A records of your domain name to the new more powerful server.
    That was very quick response you mean only changing A record of www.MobileMastee.com to new server IP will help ?

Quote Originally Posted by omega36 View Post
    I'd assume you'd get new IP's for the new server, so you'd have to first update these IP's at the registrar.

I also assume you'd update your DNS info for mobilemastee to the new IP's and then keep the same DNS information for the other domains on the old server..
    Thanks for your reply, can you please explain this to me

"so you'd have to first update these IP's at the registrar." How that would be done ?

Sorry I am not very good with hosting stuff

Where your domains are registered, they should have an area for nameservers. Considering you already have your own private (ns1 & ns2.mobilemastee.com) you should simply have to change over the old IP's to the new one's.

Do you know for sure if you are being assigned new IP's? Did your other domains run on their own IP's, or did they share the same?

Quote Originally Posted by omega36 View Post
    Where your domains are registered, they should have an area for nameservers. Considering you already have your own private (ns1 & ns2.mobilemastee.com) you should simply have to change over the old IP's to the new one's.

Do you know for sure if you are being assigned new IP's? Did your other domains run on their own IP's, or did they share the same?
    My old dedicated server is from Godaddy and New is from Softlayer.com - Yes I have NEW IPs for new server where www.MobileMastee.com is moving now.

My other domains are using NS1.MobileMastee.com and NS2.MobileMastee.com

Please advise - still confused

Ok - for the webpages hosted on the old server, leave their DNS information as is. They are still on the old server/IPs.

I see that MobileMastee.com is registered at GoDaddy. So log in to GoDaddy, go to Domains/My Domains, click on domain 'mobilemastee.com'.

There should be a table called 'Host Summary', there should be NS1 and NS2 listed there. They are the old nameserver IP's - change this over to the new IP's you have received.

Make sure you update the DNS information in your hosting control panel for the new IP's on the new server for MobileMastee.com

Hope this helps..