Need host that can provide mailed paper invoices

Hello -

I have a client that is happy with their current web hosting (CrystalTech) except that they will not provide a traditional paper physically mailed invoice (electronic only). Does anyone know of a hosting company that can provide this. It is an ASP site so it needs a IIS server with a SQL Server 2000 database and a handful of emails.

More and more companies are switching to electronic invoices. Mainly due to saving money and also for the environment.

Why not just print out the emailed invoice?
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

Sure, that makes sense. We suggested that to the client and they want to get it in the mail. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by IH-Rameen View Post
    More and more companies are switching to electronic invoices. Mainly due to saving money and also for the environment.

Why not just print out the emailed invoice?

I'm curious what's wrong with the paperless billing. You can always print your invoice... i can say taht but I know some people who are pretty conservative and kepp strics to paper... in any form from newspapres to billing an invoices. Just sent e-mails to some web hosts to ask them about paper invoices.
    DawHB.com - Web Hosting Blog | VPSHostDir.com - VPS Hosting Media

Quote Originally Posted by dawhb View Post
    Just sent e-mails to some web hosts to ask them about paper invoices.
    Email? Why not hand write a letter and put it in the mailbox?
    Derek Raines
    Gigenet Communications - Chicago, IL

We have a handful that will only accept paper mailed invoices too. No convincing them otherwise. What can you do?
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

Paperless invoices is such a popular thing now. That's what I prefer too.

A lot of businesses in the world are very traditional in their ways and see stuff like that as better security/accountability. There's no point arguing with them about it because it's simply their policy with regards to everything.

Hosts would do well to cater for this. I know it's very predominant in the UK as I work in the sector.

If all it took to keep or get a customer was to agree to send a paper invoice, I'd do it in a flash, as long as the invoice was large enough to justify the added time. I'm surprised a host is willing to actually lose a customer over this.
    Need money? Got money? Want to talk? The Money Forums
    New! Web hosting jobs!

Too much overhead for the hosting company perhaps? And not worth the 9.99/month or so they would gain?

Sounds like a great way to make some cash. They want invoices? They better pay for it.
    hi there!

We have several clients that require paper invoices, we solved it by charging $1.50 a month to cover out costs. Its not much but it works for us
    MyGoto.com
    Hosting for all minds...

Quote Originally Posted by zdaudert View Post
    Hello -

I have a client that is happy with their current web hosting (CrystalTech) except that they will not provide a traditional paper physically mailed invoice (electronic only). Does anyone know of a hosting company that can provide this. It is an ASP site so it needs a IIS server with a SQL Server 2000 database and a handful of emails.

Paperless accounting is good- however some clients are just plain traditional (which isn't a bad thing). For such clients, most companies will make an exception, unless the account is worth less than the cost of paper + print + postage.

Regards
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!

It could also be some weird law where they live. I recall reading that where I live there used to be very tough regulation when it comes to invoices. Not only had they to be paper, but they had to arrive within a certain period of time from the date of issue. And with the postal service being less than perfect...