Thoughts about 2checkout.com?

Anyone have any thoughts about 2checkout.com?

They seem pretty good, although, make sure your web site is fully designed and set up before you apply. When I applied, my site wasn't exactly up and then someone from 2CO contacted me a few days later saying they deactivated my account. I then had to fill up a lengthy form and provide some photocopies of id and they restored the my account. They seem to be pretty sharp on security.

If you are in the United States and doing less than $1,000 a month usually a third party like 2CO or Paypal is better. You have to wait a bit longer to get your money unlike a merchant account which you need to take into consideration.

Now if you are in the United States - consider a merchant account like CDGCommerce with an electronic payment gateway. The gateway will allow you to process credit cards on your secure website and will give you a virtual terminal as well.

Of course, some versions of Paypal will also do this. I don't know how they are though about getting your money. I know when someone sends me something through them, I have to sign in to tell them to deposit the money into my checking account. This might be time consuming if you are pretty busy.

2CO is going strange for us in some cases. It keeps informing that cannot process customer cards, but they return to me that the cards are all fine. One in the UK, one in NYC and one in Mexico. No relation at all. The error is "Do not honor" and 2CO staff just asked to check with the bank again.

2Checkout.com is fine for us. We have been working with them for 3 years and had big problems.

We have been working with 2CO for some time, but we stopped it. Nothing to praise them about actually. I advise you all to get your own Merchant Account/Gateway and process cards securely or/and PayPal as options for US/International sales.
    Let's talk custom servers and reseller plans

Good and stable system. Fees little bit high. I have been working with them and have to say that they take care more of your customer instead of vendors. But that is not so bad.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

Pretty good system. Not the most robust when it comes to using subscriptions, but good enough...

Customer support has improved over the years as well, so all in all, I would have no hesitation recommending it.
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

Quote Originally Posted by gate2vn View Post
    2CO is going strange for us in some cases. It keeps informing that cannot process customer cards, but they return to me that the cards are all fine. One in the UK, one in NYC and one in Mexico. No relation at all. The error is "Do not honor" and 2CO staff just asked to check with the bank again.
    "Do not honor" means you entered wrong CVVC number (3 digts number on the back of your card.
    2CO is doing just fine with us till now, The oly problem is that it takes some time to get the money in our bank account.

Also any reviews regarding the new paypal option through 2CO, I only used it once the transaction was just fine.

I have try it as well and is pretty good, i recommend you to go ahead with them I think you will be very happy about their services....
    I wouldn't recommend sex- drinks- or Mac for everyone but they work for me.
    Programming Help, OS System Help, Articles, Videos, Tutorials, Books-Web Dot Dev http://www.webdotdev.com

I want to know whether 2co is good for indian merchants

Quote Originally Posted by ashokuh View Post
    I want to know whether 2co is good for indian merchants

I've seen a lot of Indian companies use 2co for CC processing. May want to contact them if you have a special request or want to confirm something?

A few of my clients have been using 2checkout for some time now, and the feedback is good from them all.
    Last edited by fun2fun; 01-25-2008 at 09:33 AM.
    Offering cost effective Open Source Software modification and customization aswell as Webshop template designs and modifications

We have been using 2CO for a few years now and never had any problems with them.
    Toeki Enterprises Co. (Accredited .WS & CentralNIC Registrar)
    We accept PayPal, MoneyBookers, Credit Card, Bank Transfers and Western Union. [AWBS Reseller]
    █Domain Registration http://www.toeki.net / http://www.dots.ws

2CO in general are good at preventing fraud orders with their fraud detection systems. They even stop orders once they have gone through if they discover a fraud after the fact and avoid any chargebacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Hosts View Post
    2CO in general are good at preventing fraud orders with their fraud detection systems. They even stop orders once they have gone through if they discover a fraud after the fact and avoid any chargebacks.
    Not always.
    In fact, their 'fraud department' needs a complete overhaul, as they've been known to (in my case at least) send 'fraud' or 'chargeback' cases months after the original charge was handled.

Quote Originally Posted by BluewaveHosted View Post
    We have been working with 2CO for some time, but we stopped it. Nothing to praise them about actually. I advise you all to get your own Merchant Account/Gateway and process cards securely or/and PayPal as options for US/International sales.
    Agreed

My own experience with 2co is quite dated (2002-2003'ish), and they may have changed SOME policies, but they certainly can't have changed everything:

First problem:
    You're looking at a 'waiting period' for your money, which can be (IIRC) up to 2 weeks. Not really a good thing when services are ordered and delivered immediately.

Second problem:
    Just a couple months after I started with these guys, there was a pretty major 'bank screwup' (according to them) that caused payments to be delayed. Instead of processing payments the next day, no, they were put off for another week. This caused quite a pain, and cost me a good deal in overdue/overdraft fees, as it was around (IIRC) the first of the month.

Third problem:
    Even after cancelling service with them (In March/April), an order that was placed through them (in December) was processed as 'fraudulent'. Months down the road, after the order was processed. Of course, I told 'em where they could go, informed them that it wasn't fraudulent, and pointed them directly to my TOS which users have to agree to before ordering, and that was that. I didn't hear back from them for 3 years.

Last year (maybe '06), I got a mail from them demanding payment for this. Again, I pointed them to my TOS (which haven't really changed), then to the money they, themselves cost me, and told them to have a nice day.

2co is, in my experience, the most troublesome organization to deal with. From withholding funds to refusing to accept responsibility for issues caused by their own business to , well, just poor tactics to begin with. You're really better off with something like paypal which will get your funds instantly, or worldpay (not sure about availability there), or even your own provider (cdg as recommended is excellent!) but stay FAR away from 2co!
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

I'd agree with what linuxtech has said on 2CheckOut. Their fraud checking and holding back of funds for months at a time is not good for any business. They also insist on calling your clients to verify if they received items and if they were happy.

If you're wanting to avoid a company who holds massive amounts of funds and has the most bizarre and business crippling chargeback protection then avoid Worldpay at all costs. 2checkout are generally good. Like any 3PP, they have their moments but their overall performance is stellar.

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network.

If you're doing volume business or your online business is your sole means of support, I highly recommend ditching the headaches of a 3PP and going with a real merchant. 2Checkout uses one, why shouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by eGawish View Post
    "Do not honor" means you entered wrong CVVC number (3 digts number on the back of your card.
    It's only in that case. In our situation, those transaction is recurrent. The transactions were smoothly before, so they have all correct things in database.

No problems whatsoever with them. all good since 2003.

Strange to hear all these negative comments, Maybe I am lucky.

Using 2CO since 2002 and not a single issue except once for delay in payment but was taken care off by their CS.

Yeah I can piggyback the comments here as we have used them for over 2 years without any issues.

I have been pretty happy with them and the only issue is the slow response from support via helpdesk/phone. I only needed help twice with them in regards to updating information and password reset.

I have to mirror the negative comments posted here unfortunately...to the point I've had to close my account. Their rates are ridiculous, they only payout once a week and they hold a reserve amount back "to cover for their potential loss due to fraud" which is absurd...they approve or deny orders based on their fraud detection processes so it is just an opportunity to sock away some of your money and earn interest on it. For the rates they charge you can come close to setting up your own terminal and secure site and not have be at the mercy of some other company's attempts at earning interest off your sales!

I would have to agree with you the rates are pretty high per a transaction. I'm paying about $50.00 a month just for transaction fees

2CO 1 year of experience

HI, Im totally new at this forum as a Member but not as a reader, neither as a e-seller, i would like to place my little contribution.

I worked with 2Checkout along 1 year (2007) and i process like 20K $ i have to say that we worked perfectly with 2CO , they have verry rigorous verification which is good to us the sellers. They allways deposited the money at the right time, and the CC aprobation were verry fast (some times minutes some time hours) it never taked more than 1 day to aprrove the CC.

Over December 2007, we process like 10K $ with them perfectly. I have to say that they ar everry good at doing his job and as a merchant account/payment gateway service.

But (nothing is perfect) On January 2008 they decided to close permanently my account because they Risk department considered that my bussines was doing some kind of Ilegal currency convertion (On my country the Government has a "conversion currency control" They only give us 400$ to use on Internet so we cant buy $ without the government permission. And 2CO considere dthat my e-bussines was doing ilegal things and that was totally false.

I get too much angry because they never talked to us, they just closed our account without saying anymore. And other thing when they were making Phone verification of orders they tlaked to my customers on english when my customers speak Spanish, so my customers didnt understand what 2CO people were asking and we get our account closed because of that 2 things. I wrote him a lot of explanation but they never answered me, i guess that they doesnt care of a quiting a customer (They may have thousand)

But i have to say that 2CO its a verry serious people. If i could, i will use their services again.

Actually im searching for one "merchant account/payment gateway" like 2CO that let me process payments of intangible goods.

My recomendation is this;
    -2CO its a verry good and serious company, but to keep working with they you may have to be informed about all the correct procedures because they dont teach us on that, and if you make something wrong they will close your account, but if you do good then you will be perfectly.

Sorry about my poor english.
    Working Hard
    Learnings from Forum
    & Experiencing myself

2checkout sucks

We had a chargeback after 2 months of service, 4 transactions were passed thru. Only after 2 months as said they charged back.
    Support system works very slowly, waiting 2-4 days for an answer.
    I don't trust them.
    read this post:
    showthread.php?t=587781

2checkout isn't good option , because they don't care about seller and you may receive a refund even after one year

Quote Originally Posted by Gharibe View Post
    2checkout isn't good option , because they don't care about seller and you may receive a refund even after one year
    That's very sad, I wish I knew that before started to work with them. :/

The problem that there is very small amount of payment procesors that are willing to work with non-US businesses especially if they're (the businesses) located in Asia/Africa or the Middle East.

You'd be much better off with going for a real merchant account such as cdgcommerce.com