Results 1 to 27 of 27

Thread: Prank Calls :)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    161

    Prank Calls :)

    Hey all!

    Just wondering on a few things... Is (techincally) prank calling illegal?

    Just wanted some feedback...

    and second, if you have some recorded clips - share 'em!
    if ($life == "fair") {exit;}else ($life = "1") {$reality_sets_in = 1;
    $server_cost = relative";
    $shared_host = $bye - $bye;}

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    5,765
    IANAL but I would assume prank calling would be considered a forum of harassment just about anywhere and as such illegal.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,953
    Hmm..

    You mean like leaving a not on your boss's desk To Call Leo D Lyon with the phone number to the zoo? That was fun.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    410
    Prank calling in the sense that you call the local pizza place and order 10 pizzas to your friends house, isn't legal, but if you call them up and scream curses at them, it's harassment

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Albany, New York
    Posts
    2,988
    I had a friend that was arrested for harassment when he was younger.....a prank phone call to a man named "Eric Gay"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    4,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Soskel34 View Post
    Prank calling in the sense that you call the local pizza place and order 10 pizzas to your friends house, isn't legal, but if you call them up and scream curses at them, it's harassment
    Oh but that is very illegal. You can get fined for that now days.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd Fact View Post
    Hmm..

    You mean like leaving a not on your boss's desk To Call Leo D Lyon with the phone number to the zoo? That was fun.
    haha ... like that one!
    if ($life == "fair") {exit;}else ($life = "1") {$reality_sets_in = 1;
    $server_cost = relative";
    $shared_host = $bye - $bye;}

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    4,861
    Is that show "Crank Calls" real or fake?

    I was watching it earlier and always thought it was real until they showed a real idiotic clip today which seemed very fake...

  9. #9
    It's a better idea to just post your ex girlfriends phone number in the Adult section of your local paper.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    5,283
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5z4Vs26-TI&NR=1

    One of the best pranks I've heard in my life.
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

    Is your company represented?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,953
    Quote Originally Posted by natsh View Post
    haha ... like that one!
    I had a boss that was borderline used car salesman and was always on us aboaut taking messages from potential customers. So it was an easy target.

    Example Message:
    Amanda Lynn 555-555-5555
    wants a complete new system.

    The number was a local music store!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,854
    http://fonejacker.tv/jerk.shtml is one of the funniest I have heard..

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmeat View Post
    It's a better idea to just post your ex girlfriends phone number in the Adult section of your local paper.
    HAHA! Nice IDEA!
    if ($life == "fair") {exit;}else ($life = "1") {$reality_sets_in = 1;
    $server_cost = relative";
    $shared_host = $bye - $bye;}

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd Fact View Post
    I had a boss that was borderline used car salesman and was always on us aboaut taking messages from potential customers. So it was an easy target.

    Example Message:
    Amanda Lynn 555-555-5555
    wants a complete new system.

    The number was a local music store!
    LOL that would be great.
    if ($life == "fair") {exit;}else ($life = "1") {$reality_sets_in = 1;
    $server_cost = relative";
    $shared_host = $bye - $bye;}

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,201
    I like to mess with sales people who call me, it's fun asking them questions or trying to sell them something back for way more than it's worth. Not really a prank call but phone fun

    -Nick Kitmitto

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmeat View Post
    It's a better idea to just post your ex girlfriends phone number in the Adult section of your local paper.
    This works well. You could for example post the number for a very uptight, narrow minded salesman requesting cross-dressers to contact in helping him overcome his fear in discovering his new hidden passion.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    5,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd Fact View Post
    This works well. You could for example post the number for a very uptight, narrow minded salesman requesting cross-dressers to contact in helping him overcome his fear in discovering his new hidden passion.
    Reminds me of the movie "hackers"
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Woking, England
    Posts
    1,396
    we once did one...at about 2 oclock in the morning:

    "hello, i'm phoning up from BT. I'm just doing a routin customer satisfaction survey"

    "at this time in the f---ing morning?"

    -beep

    "hello"
    Web Handyman - Website and Internet Marketing Service

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,201
    Quote Originally Posted by thomase View Post
    we once did one...at about 2 oclock in the morning:

    "hello, i'm phoning up from BT. I'm just doing a routin customer satisfaction survey"

    "at this time in the f---ing morning?"

    -beep

    "hello"
    Thats awesome!! Sounds like fun, I should attempt that one time

    -Nick Kitmitto

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Woodstock, Ontario
    Posts
    270
    Does Drunk Dialing count?

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    522
    For prank calling to be harrassment they would have to call and you tell them to stop, but they continue calling multiple times after you tell them to stop.
    Looking for Work level 1-3 Support Tech, Sales/billing tech, Odd management Jobs, and PHP/Mysql small jobs.
    PM me or drop me an email at mm(AT)gotannex(dot)com
    http://monitor.gotannex.com/

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Oneida, NY
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    For prank calling to be harrassment they would have to call and you tell them to stop, but they continue calling multiple times after you tell them to stop.
    Then you have to file a police report and the police have to tell them to stop. Then it's harassment
    Nick Hudson - Prevail Host LLC - http://www.prevail.host/
    Premium Quality cPanel Hosting Services - CloudLinux, LiteSpeed & SSD
    WHMControl - Secure Your Server Logins & Automate Password Changes

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmeat View Post
    It's a better idea to just post your ex girlfriends phone number in the Adult section of your local paper.
    That's nasty
    www.cyberbit.com - merchant account and gateway provider

    www.Vfraud.com - Antifraud system

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    FT Worth, TX
    Posts
    5,098
    I called Albertsons one time as a prank call. It went something like this:

    Me: Hi, I was wondering how much per lb is your pig vaginas?
    Clerk: What?
    Me: How much per lb is your pig vaginas?
    Clerk: Say again?
    Me: How much per pound is your pig vaginas?
    Clerk: Pig vaginas? We don't sell pig vaginas.
    Me: Well, a friend of mine said their great on the grill.

    I was laughing by that time and hung up, I was going to go even further with the call, but the guy was being so serious about not having pig vaginas in stock.
    Kerry Jones

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,138
    Quote Originally Posted by IH-Rameen View Post
    http://fonejacker.tv/jerk.shtml is one of the funniest I have heard..
    "Listen, Jerk, I don't have any Jerk"
    "I don't want a Jerk, I want a Doovde"

    "Joovque Doovde and a joovque looqde tuuv"
    // Extra Moose - Modern Web Design with Usability in mind.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    26

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Artashes View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5z4Vs26-TI&NR=1

    One of the best pranks I've heard in my life.
    I've heard that a few times before, and it cracks me up each time.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •