Searching for Gbit Colocation in Great Britain

Hello,

can you recommend a Colocation Provider in Great Britain who offers

2-3u Rackspace at a dedicated Gbit Line with e.g. 10TB Traffic or more included?

My Budget is round about 400

Best regards,

Christian

I doubt your going to find that offering at that price.

400 pounds is roughly equal to $800...your lucky to find dedicated 100Mbit connections for that price.

i mean not dedicated traffic but an unshared line so i can reach the full gbit speeds at anytime

I misread your post...

Thought you said 1-10Gbit line for some reason.

Not 1GB line with 10TB traffic.

Can't help you with that, but you should be able to find some provides that will let you burst to 1Gbit.

Good luck.

Have you tried UK2? I know they offer some cheap bandwidth on their dedicated, they might be able to offer you something for colocation.

Quote Originally Posted by devonblzx View Post
    Have you tried UK2
    The UK2 servers aren't on Gb connections so dont fit the OP requirements...

However 10Tb/transfer ~30Mb/s Constant and IME ~65Mb/s on 95%ile, so having a Gb NIC and switchport is largely irrelevant !

400+vat/month is going to be tight but do-able with a quality UK provider, depending on the power draw of the server and any other features you need like KVMoIP etc.
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

...and we don't offer colo currently
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com & SolusVM.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net

Have a look at UKServers.com, I'm sure they can do something like that for you.

-Chris

still not found a provider who can fit my needs ;/

Try posting @ webhostchat.co.uk
    where most of the UK hosts hang out.
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

thank you for this tip

I'd suggest you email prospective hosts, even if their standard offering doesn't include a Gig port most will try and put a deal together for you. You will need to know the power usage of your servers to get an accurate quote.
    Andrew Ogilvie | Xtraordinary Hosting | AS30827 | Member of LINX
    Dedicated Servers in Central London | Xen VPS Linux & Windows | Complex Hosting | London BGP4 Bandwidth

Try rapidswitch - rapidswitch.com

Their colo offers: http://www.rapidswitch.com/colocation.aspx

They do dedicated servers with 10TB bandwidth per month at less than 100 pounds/month ....with 1Gbit port addon available for 40 pounds/month. So talk to them, see if they can offer you colo for your budget.

We are very happy with our dedicated server with them - no issues at all, and small improvements at their end from time to time.

Rapidswitch charge you 20 for every late payment which has caught me out a few times when BACS has taken a while and made it a day late.
    Web design London - Ideal Websites