3+ year review - The Planet

Thought I'd throw this review out there considering the amount of negative reviews out there.

As the saying goes "Make 1 customer un-happy, and thousands here about it...make 1 customer happy, and no one knows".

On to the review:

I have been with TP for 3.2 years now. If a mod wants to verify that I'll be more than happy to send you a screen shot of the orbit accounting screen with all the invoices.

I've had as many as 3 accounts with them, and as many as 6-8 servers. Now I have just 2 servers. A 20Mbps unmetered server I pay $199 for, and a one of the new Dual Core xeon's.

In all of this time, the only downtime I've ever had with them was back in 04 with the little problem they had back then. However I did file a SLA claim, and received credit on that claim. I've never had a server fail, a hard drive go bad..nothing. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Support at TP has always been good to me. They have always responded within a reasonable amount of time, and quite a few times have gone above and beyond what was required of them.

Just the other day a server of mine would respond to pings, but I couldn't SSH into it..pull up websites etc etc. I opened up a ticket and 15 minutes later a tech had manually rebooted the server for me which brought it back online. Now don't get me wrong, there has been sometimes when support was lacking somewhat..taking a little longer to respond, but for now that seems to be fixed.

I was talking to a sales person the other day(can't remember his name) about some monitoring services. He didn't have all the answers for me at the time and this was rather late at night. The next day he called me on my cell phone(mind you this was his day off) with the information I had requested.

As most people know, the network at TP is outstanding. With well over 40Gbps of capacity from multiple Tier 1 providers, we get good connections and fast speeds world wide.

TP has changed a lot..especially after the merger. The number of servers and clients they maintain is astounding. I'm wanting to say they have over 20,000 clients...which would most likely put the number of servers they maintain over 40,000. They are a big company now, but they seem to be doing a good job at trying to once again become customer focused. At least to me, they seem like they are trying.

Thanks for reading.
    -Matt

Looks like your more lucky than I was Matt.

This also depends on what you expect from a host and what kind of problems occure. (DDoS, Firewall... bah)

Thanks for the review .

True true..this is just my view.

For the person who needs a personal touch, this may not be the company you want right now.

But for me, they are perfect.