Seohosting.com (Hostgator company) really seo hosting? Seems more like a scam

So i went to the seohosting.com website and i saw this
    Each SEO hosting plan comes with private branded nameservers on separate Class C IP addresses.
    So i asked their live chat guy if they provide nameservers for each C class i buy (which would seem pretty normal).

The answer was "No"

They just provide you with 2 nameservers which are the only 2 for the entire server. Only thing is they are on 2 separate classes, but that has no importance.

So that means your websites will just look like they have a dedicated ip...which happens to be in a different c class.

But the same nameservers will ruin any seo ability...

Now seohosting.com is misleading customers here as they don't really provide SEO hosting as it should be done.

Scam? Surely seems like it...
    Cheapest Multiple C Class IP Hosting

thats useful info - so actually, for the IP numbers to seem unique from an SEO perspective the nameservers would have to be unique as well?
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net

Ofcourse. They should seems to not have anything in common.
    Same nameservers will just make them the same as having the same ip.

The entire concept of hosting on different Class C IPs is garbage-- Google is going to be excluding IP associated weightage very soon eitherway. It'll all be useless eventually, everyone knows IPv4 space is running out and Google aren't fools.
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!

Ouch...
    Dunno why'd they call it seohosting when they kill the SEO part in it :|

Hi Cabron,

That is incorrect. You can setup as many name servers as you like with as many different ips that belong to the server. This is all included with each plan. I apologize for the wrong information our chat tech provided you.

Quote Originally Posted by viratshah View Post
    Ouch...
    Dunno why'd they call it seohosting when they kill the SEO part in it :|
    It is only because webhosting.com wasn't available
    WEBDOMAIN.com: WHERE IT ALL BEGINS!
    We host web sites and register domain names since 2000.
    CLICK HERE TO CONTACT A SALES REPRESENTATIVE LIVE!

So Nathon was wrong?

So wait a sec? If i purchase 100 different c classes will i alse get 100 different nameserver packs? On the same C classes as the IPs?

If you purchase 100 c classes you will have one hundred ips that you can use to pair any way you like for name servers.

That still wouldn't help me as i could only pair 50. So if i really want the seo to work i could only use 50 of the 100 ips i purchased...

And
    Every SEO Hosting Plan Includes Separate C Class Nameservers Private Branded Nameservers
    doesn't apply anymore? Cuz it seems i have to do it myself.

Also are the customers informed about having to make their own nameservers?

You can mix and match them as much as you like so the combination of name servers would by much higher. Name servers are easy and free to create at any registrar.

If you have any more questions please pm me.

Using a ip for a nameserver more than once with different C classes will make them look like being on the same server and will ruin all the seo part of the seo hosting, that's what i'm trying to tell you.

Are you guys so cheap that you can't give ppl nameservers at least? At about $5 per ip you must afford a couple of IPs for christ's sake...

I do not know if google consider server host name yet or not, does this accounts have same server host name?

If you are purchasing 100 c classes you actually are paying $4.35 per hosting account. There aren't many hosting companies that sell hosting at $4.35 an account on a monthly basis.

With 100 c classes you are given 100's of ips to choose from. This way each name server can have it's very own unique ip address. If there is a problem with this please contact us and I'm sure we can come up with a solution for you at the same price.

Does seohosting help? We have many users that swear that their rankings have increased since joining.

Do I believe it works? I have no idea and nor am I going to claim to have a clue on how google calculates their algorithm.

Whether it works or not their is market demand and seohosting.com has decided to capitalize on this.

I am still a bit confused on how exactly IPs matter when it comes to Google and SEO?
    | ServerHub | an INC 500 Company | Enterprise Dedicated and Cloud Solutions Built for Scale |
    | AS62904: Dallas TX, Chicago IL, New York NY, Seattle WA, Phoenix AZ, Los Angeles CA, Miami FL | AS49532: Frankfurt DE, Amsterdam NL | sales@serverhub.com |

Different c class IPs make google think that your site is hosted on a different server and makes hte backlinks count.

BUt having the same nameservers will certainly ruin that.

Quote Originally Posted by cabron View Post
    Different c class IPs make google think that your site is hosted on a different server and makes hte backlinks count.

BUt having the same nameservers will certainly ruin that.
    there are many other cost-effective ways to build backlinks, such as article submission, more backlinks from higher PR sites..the site owner also needs to decide which anchor text to use from the site and from the backlinks..
    update your content frequently, and also remember "text" and static url is more effective than other formats if you want to be more SE friendly..

anyways. if you want your site to be more SEO..building it based on different C-class IPs is just not wise...
    but certainly a good marketing point to break in.
    ResellerTemple.Com & CsIdea.US
    Marketing & Design & Programming for Competitive Price!

Not really. Getting links from websites that have a large amount of links diminishes their value. Also if they are not targeted they aren't very valuable.

It's not just about backlinks, it's also about the quality of the backlinks and if you can make some seo'ed sites and just have a few external links you'll certainly increase your seo score.

What I meant was , don't rely just on that... Instead there would be other factors to look into such as coding and backlinks..
    ResellerTemple.Com & CsIdea.US
    Marketing & Design & Programming for Competitive Price!

Google changes it's goalposts so often it defies most logic, so on that basis I'd not lose any sleep about different ip's and class c's.

owm
    ‹(¿)›
    Life's what you make it.

Well this is like upban myth and until the mythbusters proove that it's busted it's still up. And it's up cuz quite a few seo ppl out there think it works very nice and it's worth the cost.

What you're saying about the class c's is old school SEO, Google is phasing away from that. Get relevant backlinks, good content, read about RSS and pinging, get your site crawled daily.. without that you could have a 1,000 ip's and never show up in a google search.