[Ask] Host Main Domain in Other Server ?

Hello,

I want to host my clients in my vps using ns1.myhostingdomain.com and ns2.myhostingdomain.com.
    In the other side, I don't want to host www.mydhostingdomain.com itself in the current vps, but instead of that, I want to host it in other server just in case the current vps is down, so my still will not be affected.

Is this possible? If possible, how could I accomplish this way?

Thank You,

QI

Yes it is possible. If your VPS has cPanel or a compatible control panel, when you install and configure a billing program like WHMCS, you can choose which server to send the account creation information to.

For example, you could host your website in another VPS or Reseller environment, but when it comes to creating customer accounts, use WHMCS to send the account creation information to the VPS server.

Hello EvaHost,

Thank You for your answer. I just check the WHMCS, and yes, I just found that function. Thank You!

But, how about the ns1.myhostingdomain.com and ns2.myhostingdomain IPs? And what Host IP I must put in myhostingdomain.com domain registrar?

Thank You,

QI

When you add a server to WHMCS, you specify the NameServers that the server must use. So when a customer orders the service, WHMCS will send out the welcome email with those NameServers specified as where domains must point to. But to be able to do this, you must have Private DNS. You would simply point your ns1.myhostingdomain.com and ns2.myhostingdomain.com to your VPSes main IP Address. Unless I am mistaking.

Hello EvaHost,

Thank You for your reply.

Currently I have a setup like this, for example:

My Current VPS IP : 1.2.3.1 and 1.2.3.2
    My Other Host IP : 5.6.7.8 and 5.6.7.9

In my Godaddy registrar, I put www.myhostingdomain.com nameserver to :
    ns1.myhostingdomain.com and
    ns2.myhostingdomain.com
    and in the "Host Summary" I put this:
    Hostname : ns1.myhosting.com -- Host IP 1 : 1.2.3.1 , Host IP 2 : 5.6.7.8
    Hostname : ns2.myhosting.com -- Host IP 1 : 1.2.3.2 , Host IP 2 : 5.6.7.9

Then, I delete www.myhostingdomain.com account from "My Current VPS" and create a new account in "My Other Host". But then when I typed www.myhostingdomain.com, it sometimes turn to Error page, sometime point to "My Current VPS" not point to "My Other Host" ...

What I am missing here?

Thank You,

QI

You will have to have 4 different sets of NameServers. One set going to your main website which is not hosted on your VPS. And another set that points to the VPS, which will be what customers use.

I have sent you a PM in case you have not noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaHost View Post
    You will have to have 4 different sets of NameServers. One set going to your main website which is not hosted on your VPS. And another set that points to the VPS, which will be what customers use.
    Hello EvaHost,

Thank You for your reply.

Yes! This way does work. I thought it can only use 2 nameservers (ns1 and ns2). With 4 nameservers, I get it work!

Thank You again.

Best Regards,

Arifin FinLy