What domain registar has the best reseller prices?

I am wondering who is the best domain registrar reseller? Who has it all: pricing, features, and most popular?

Theres is:

eNom: dont see why anyone likes them. Their prices are twice as much as everyone else to sell domains.

Directi: they were good until they made their pricing changes. You need to deposit $500 to get $7.50 .com pricing.

wildwestdomains.com: You can sell domains for $6.79...

resellone.com: They seem good. For a $99 setup fee you can sell .com domains for $6.49.

I know there is a couple dozen more resellers and possibly better, but who is the one that stands out the most in all areas.

In my opinion* overall rating based on price, reliability, usability and features the one registrar that stands out from the crowd is NameCheap.com

*I have been registering with NameCheap for many years as a client but not as a reseller

NameCheap's Reseller is at https://admin.unifiedregistrar.com/
    Signature Under Construction.

Quote Originally Posted by hostatree View Post
    eNom: dont see why anyone likes them. Their prices are twice as much as everyone else to sell domains.
    A long time ago you got much easier better pricing and there are still many resellers out there which have very low prices with them. It looks like they only want new resellers which are big.

Directi: they were good until they made their pricing changes. You need to deposit $500 to get $7.50 .com pricing.
    Think they are still one of the big ones with the lowest prices. The $500 deposit is for less than 70 domains, if you are a reseller that shouldn't be a problem. And you come quite easily down to 6.99.

wildwestdomains.com: You can sell domains for $6.79...
    Price is good, but I don't like the concept of a yearly fee. If you don't get your expected volume you have to transfer all your domains away (as reseller not really possible as you can't transfer for your clients) or continue to pay the yearly fee.

resellone.com: They seem good. For a $99 setup fee you can sell .com domains for $6.49.
    Personally I would never deal with a registrar which sells below cost price, and this price is below cost. Maybe they just didn't updated there website yet.

You mention the best known domain registrar resellers, there are many others which most deal more locally and can give you better local support.

Err... that should be http://website.unifiedregistrar.com

Twice as much? eNom has reseller plans starting at $7.45 with zero fee (just an advance payment against domain sales).

Their portfolio management tools are very robust and their domains come with free DNS and URL forwarding - not true for all reseller registrars.

I agree that they're concentrated on "real" resellers, not domainers who buy for their own account and just looking for a cheaper price. Although they do offer a program for that as well through BulkRegister.

By the way, NameCheap has been an eNom reseller for years, it's only been in the last month they started processing their new regs with Unified.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Domainer View Post
    Twice as much? eNom has reseller plans starting at $7.45 with zero fee (just an advance payment against domain sales).

Their portfolio management tools are very robust and their domains come with free DNS and URL forwarding - not true for all reseller registrars.

I agree that they're concentrated on "real" resellers, not domainers who buy for their own account and just looking for a cheaper price. Although they do offer a program for that as well through BulkRegister.

By the way, NameCheap has been an eNom reseller for years, it's only been in the last month they started processing their new regs with Unified.
    Yea I dont think I am going to go with enom because to get the $7.45 rates you have to put down $7000... Bit overboard...

I am just wondering what everyone else is using for a registrar on their hosting company's.
    Last edited by Ryan - HostATree; 01-22-2008 at 04:26 PM.

it's not overboard as you get the full 6995 in your account as points, yes it's an entry barrier but i'd say it was a good investment if you could stretch to it

What about current hosts, what do you all use as domain registrars?

I use 1) GoDaddy, 2) eNom, 3) Name, but I'm not a reseller of these services.

Go for godaddy or directi

I personally have a $7.45 enom reseller account that I had for years and was grandfathered in back when they switched systems, however the only flaw I find of Enom is they charge $12 for the ID Protection and most of the other registrars are free or very low cost just my opinion

I recommend OnlineNIC.com, you will have to pay advance money of 10 domains in advance just it. and selling domains as low as 7.19 at platinum plan.

Interesting comment on OnlineNIC, anyway I see that the lowest plan start with the domains at $8.49
    http://onlinenic.com/price/

What I donīt like is that you end paying for services you may not need (in other words, you are forced to purchase them) like DNs control panel and URL forwarding

Cool

1. Namecheap
    2. Stargate now sold to US2.net (reseller account of myself)
    3. Godaddy
    4. it2ecom.net (DirecTI reseller with no initial deposit)

What about current hosts, what do you all use as domain registrars?

eNom is the biggest reseller, then GoDaddy, then ResellerClub (Directi). They all have their own foibles. You can buy an old $7.45 eNom account for about $250. write that off over the first 250 domains and you have a good deal.

I use OpenSRS which now offer free whois protection.

I was using Stargate and liked it very much till they sold their domain business so now will be switching all of my domains to OpenSRS.

+ NOW WE'RE MAKING RECORDS, NOW WE'RE MAKING TAPES

Just wanted to comment you, that I have just renewed a domain from it2ecom, they charged me $7.99