* ProCurve 2626 console access

What type of cable/settings are needed to access the console port of a ProCurve 2626 J4900A? the recent one I ordered wasnt working with the regular way I access these switches.

I use a null modem (crossover) female-female serial console cable and connect it to my laptop serial port w/9600-8-1-None to access my ProCurve 2900 48G series.

But I tried using a straight/null/rollover(cisco's) and none of them worked. I also tried 9800-8-1-xoff/xon. All of them are giving me weird text when I press [ENTER] numerous times. I can access my 2900 series switches fine, no problem, just these 2626 ones I cant. My laptop can definitely detect the port cause when I disable it, I get a message on my terminal window which says "disconnected". So I am messing up somewhere.

By the way, I actually returned the switch when it came the first time because I thought they gave me a faulty one and I got another one, but it behaves the same way. But the actual switch functionality has no issues as I can assign my servers IPs and be able to access them remotely. I just cant configure the switch itself without the console port.

Anything ideas or anything I am missing here?
    Email: info ///at/// honelive.com

I usually use 56k port speed for ours, as they auto-detect when you press enter twice. Can't remember which way round the cable is, but if you use the one it came with it should work fine.
    Karl Austin :: KDA Web Services Ltd.
    UK Business Hosting and Managed Servers - Hosting for Business Users :: 0800 5429 764
    Call us today and ask about our hosting solutions.

I found another alternative, thanks .

Like? (only to be helpful for others that search for your issue so they can see the solution rather than just knowing one was found )

My other alternative was using a 2900 switch, I was in a rush and I had to get it up quick, I wouldn't really call it a "solution" so I didnt say how it was resolved .

But I am going to reply with an actual solution once I get a chance to work on it and see what I was doing wrong.

You know you can also configure them initially via DHCP and then connect via telnet/http.
    Matt Ayres - togglebox.com
    Linux and Windows Cloud Virtual Datacenters powered by Onapp / Xen
    Instant Setup, Instant Scalability, Full Lifecycle Hosting Solutions

www.togglebox.com