I just got my first VPS account =)

Huuray for me!! I decided to go with VPSLAND as it cost me 7.50$, which is very good for testing. I ordered it like an hour ago. What should I do now? They sent like 6 e-mails after the registration. When will I get "my" server?

Quote Originally Posted by AK84 View Post
    Huuray for me!! I decided to go with VPSLAND as it cost me 7.50$, which is very good for testing. I ordered it like an hour ago. What should I do now? They sent like 6 e-mails after the registration. When will I get "my" server?
    They'll need to get it setup, which the time to do that varies by provider (anywhere from instant setup to X days). After that, it's a playground and the only natural thing to do in a playground is to.. start building and playing in it!

Good luck and enjoy your new home!
    * GeekStorage.com, LLC - Offering awesome website hosting for over 9 years!
    * Shared Hosting * Reseller Hosting * Pure SSD VPS * Managed Dedicated
    * Powered by Geeks... and SSD's! - You're in good hands, geek hands.
    * Have questions? Send us an e-mail, we'd love to hear from you!

Thank you . I'm very exited to get this experience. I have a question though .. Shouldn't I choose the OS? because they didn't include an option to choose one. Hopefully it's Debian =).

Quote Originally Posted by AK84 View Post
    Thank you . I'm very exited to get this experience. I have a question though .. Shouldn't I choose the OS? because they didn't include an option to choose one. Hopefully it's Debian =).
    Being able to pick the OS also depends by provider... does your new provider allow you to pick it (did you see it on their website)? If not, you'll be using whatever OS they use by default. Now they may let you change it if their setup allows for that, or not.

That's something you may want to ask them about, or something they'll contact you a little bit later in the setup process about.
    * GeekStorage.com, LLC - Offering awesome website hosting for over 9 years!
    * Shared Hosting * Reseller Hosting * Pure SSD VPS * Managed Dedicated