access wireless internet anywhere?

If I am traveling out of the usa to any other country, would I be able to access wireless internet? Which wireless internet provider would let me access internet anywhere in the world during my summer vacation?
    I haven't brought a laptop or wireless connection yet but I will consider that for my summer. If I am on a road trip in the usa in the middle of nowhere, and not even close to a building, would I be able to access wireless Internet?

Will you have cell signal there? I'm not sure if your cell phone provider allow it, but here we can get 2 Mbps through the cell phone and if you connect it to your laptop, there you have Internet access anywhere
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by indiaberry View Post
    If I am traveling out of the usa to any other country, would I be able to access wireless internet? Which wireless internet provider would let me access internet anywhere in the world during my summer vacation?
    I haven't brought a laptop or wireless connection yet but I will consider that for my summer. If I am on a road trip in the usa in the middle of nowhere, and not even close to a building, would I be able to access wireless Internet?
    It depends on the carrier. I've had both sprint and verizon, and sometimes verizon would have a strong signal while sprint was weak, sometimes the other way around. Most of the time they were equal. It depends on so many different factors, like building in the area, mountains, etc, etc... towers are key, as the other poster said. Heck, the "maps" they use are sometimes off since you can have "dead spots" within the maps showing 100% coverage.

Far as world-wide use, I'd look at att... but I also think verizon has phones you can use overseas and maybe (I'm not sure) sprint may have the same plan. I'd look at the countries I wanted to visit and call each company to see what they offered in that area.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

How do you connect the cell phone signal to the laptop?

If you own a windows device you could use something like pdanet http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet/

You could use a card built specifically for your laptop (fits in PCMCIA/card bus) slot.

There are also plans that allow you to connect your phone via usb and use the cell phone as a modem.

It all depends on what you want to do and how you want to get there.

The best thing is to go to the cell phone carrier's sites and see what they have, then come back and ask questions....

Hard to tell you how to connect if you don't know what carrier you are going with... or if you don't have a phone yet... too many options.

Theres wireless "air" cards from verizon, motorola, sprint, nextel and so on
    They operate as a "cell phone" data connection.
    There prices are hefty tho, a year ago they were a few hundred dollars(might be some deals) and service is $50+ a month, depends on the plan you get

Quote Originally Posted by chrismo View Post
    There prices are hefty tho, a year ago they were a few hundred dollars(might be some deals) and service is $50+ a month, depends on the plan you get
    My cousin got one from ATT and it was free... although, I don't know the monthly charge. I know sprint has them for free to maybe $50... with service, of course....

Some deals out there...

It's a very expensive service but just think about how convenient it is to have Internet wherever you have cell phone reception... it's pretty nice. If you travel a lot with your laptop, it might be worth the money.