Wow, this new Web Host is exploding!

I use webhosting.info to look at other hosting companies and try to get ideas and so forth. I noticed a new shop called webhostingpad.com started in December 07. They seem to be doing very well for their first month in business. Check out this stats:

http://www.webhosting.info/webhosts/...ostingpad.com/

Over 1200 accounts added within their first month. Very impressive.

On another note, a host Midphase.com isn't doing well. Been on a decline for about a month or so.

http://www.webhosting.info/webhosts/.../midphase.com/

So don't you think it's real? I have to agree I don't know how can you increase your customer base that quickly?!?

I do think it's real. Webhosting.info does give a good accruate numbers of how many domains are hosted on a nameserver. While the numbers include addon domains, pointers and such, it still gives a good idea of growth.

Well it says we host 190 domains which is not how many sites are on the same server as us nor even close to the total amount of sites across all shared servers so I am not sure where they come up with that information.

Well they offer 1.7TB of diskspace and 17TB of bandwidth for $4.95 who could pass up that offer!!

Hey I have this business plan:
    "We offer 5TB of bandwidth and 2TB of disk space. I mean who would possibly
    ever use that much! We are going to swim in dollars".

Looks that their site is coming out of Omnis Network who apparently doesn't seem to lease servers at least from the site. But as always:
    "Any Web site that uses a high amount of server resources..."

Just did a search on our nameservers. Holy cow is this thing way off. It reports us as having just over 4000 domains hosted. It missed about 15,000 hosted domains.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina View Post
    Just did a search on our nameservers. Holy cow is this thing way off. It reports us as having just over 4000 domains hosted. It missed about 15,000 hosted domains.

--Tina
    If you're back to hosting that many domains maybe you can finally send me my refund I was promised when your company went down in flames.
    http://www.wpdirectorypro.com is a premium plugin to make a directory using WordPress
    http://www.pocketbikeforum.com racing, mods, sales, and general discussion of pocket bikes

Quote Originally Posted by DNGeeks View Post
    If you're back to hosting that many domains maybe you can finally send me my refund I was promised when your company went down in flames.
    Well, I'm not sure who you are - but my company never went "down in flames". If you're referring to a different company that I sold almost 3 years ago, that was in very good shape when I sold it - then you need to contact me and let me know who you are and what you're talking about.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Webhostingpad is on Commission Junction -- honestly, they're competitive with their payout rates so they should be averaging at least 250+ signups a day at minimum.

That's just how it works, it takes money to make money.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

It's certainly good pr for them, assuming they stay on track..

Grrrrrrrr
    You will not find a deal like that on UK servers

This website has never been accurate in terms of sites/domains hosted. I'd take what you gather from it with a grain of salt in determining how large or small a company listed there is.

However, they do have some good articles and press releases that can be quite helpful.

I know when I had my previous company the results would show like 200 domains when I ran a search there, which, was just kind of something to grin at.
    * GeekStorage.com, LLC - Offering awesome website hosting for over 9 years!
    * Shared Hosting * Reseller Hosting * Pure SSD VPS * Managed Dedicated