Question Need a European Dedi, with IRC allowed...?

I've been looking everywhere for a European dedicated server provider which allows IRC and has a 'proper' English website (unlike netdirekt). Something like PoundHost/RapidSwitch but with IRC allowed.

I need:
    At least a Celeron/Sempron processor
    512-1GB RAM
    80+GB HDD
    Direct Admin/cPanel
    Self managed
    Good reliability

My budget is around £60/$120/€80, although this can be stretched if need be. Any help is greatly appreciated ,
    Sam.

Im not sure of rackchecks current pricing but I had several boxes in the 90 euro range from them in the past that were irc allowed. Pretty decent all in all.

As absurd as it sounds, the "proper English website" may well be the deal breaker here
    Off the top of my hat, I can't think of a single provider that matches all your requirements.
    Rackcheck used to be nice, but their current prices are at the very high end (90€ a month for a Celeron with 250GB traffic), so I doubt they'd be attractive to you.

try exportal.pl, they do allow IRC, and they have very good servers, Dinek is a great man.

Right, I recommend you exportal.pl too!

Leaseweb allows IRC, has a good network, good pricing JUST their support isn't like rackspace.

@ Bjørn-Erik Hansen, you probably have been, but vEnNoms, have you been with exportal.pl? You are not allowed to recommend them if you haven't .

Rapidswitch and Poundhost are pretty cheap, might want to check those out. Unsure whether they allow IRC though.
    Darren Lingham - UK Webhosting Ltd. - (0800) 024 2931
    Tsohost.co.uk - Quality UK Windows and Linux hosting since 2003
    UK WordPress Hosting - Fast, easy, cloud based WordPress Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by sam250 View Post
    Something like PoundHost/RapidSwitch but with IRC allowed.
    I Think he did check them out...
    Peter Verrill
    Real Hosts Limited
    Real-Hosts.co.uk - Excellent UK network for (un)managed Dedicated Servers, Cloud Servers, Colocation and Rack Space

vipeaux lol, I'm a customer of them

Quote Originally Posted by vipeax View Post
    Leaseweb allows IRC, has a good network, good pricing JUST their support isn't like rackspace.

@ Bjørn-Erik Hansen, you probably have been, but vEnNoms, have you been with exportal.pl? You are not allowed to recommend them if you haven't .
    I was, I am, and will be

Hehe, ok . Wasn't offensive, but just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterVerrill View Post
    I Think he did check them out...
    Apologies, must have missed that. Tried UK2?
    Darren Lingham - UK Webhosting Ltd. - (0800) 024 2931
    Tsohost.co.uk - Quality UK Windows and Linux hosting since 2003
    UK WordPress Hosting - Fast, easy, cloud based WordPress Hosting

Thanks for the suggestions and replies, I don't mind poor support as long as the host has good reliability.

RapidCheck's traffic is very expensive, I would only go with them if I can't find a better deal.

We do not allow IRC, egg drop bots or anything of the sort on our network. IRC servers are subject to DOS Attacks The ports necessary to make IRC work are filtered. If you are caught running an IRC server inside our network your account will be terminated. This is a pretty common practice in the hosting market today.
    UK2 don't allow IRC :/.

2.3. Exportal reserves the right to remove from the server uncertain software, especially units of Shell and IRC services, if they, directly or indirectly, may bring damage to Exportal or its other subscribers, or if there is only a presumption that such software might cause damage.
    They may allow IRC, but they don't exactly sound IRC friendly, I don't want to get kicked off immediately if in the unlikely event I get DDoS'd. Is anyone using them to host an IRCd?

Thanks,
    Sam.

Oh, you can also try vectoral.info . They allow IRC! Also the prices are very good!

I didn't used them but I know someone who does, I'm planning to give them a try too

netdirekt.de, exportal.pl, and vectoral.info are all in the same datacenter. Vectoral may even be a reseller of netdirekt because their server specs and prices seem about the same.
    I'm not sure what you mean by 'proper' English site. Netdirekt's site seems fine in english, and their support speaks it well. I ran a IRCd linked to a popular irc network and never had any problems with them.

Quote Originally Posted by TarballX View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by 'proper' English site. Netdirekt's site seems fine in english, and their support speaks it well.
    Well, I emailed netdirekt in English to see if they allowed IRC and had their T&C in English 2-3 days ago and so far no reply... If they don't have their T&C in English on their English site then that starts ringing alarm bells in my head.

However vectoral.info looks good, thanks for the link.
    Sam.

Try this: senpai-it.com/dedicated_servers.php
    They block the port 6667 but you can setup IRC on any other port.
    But IRC is 100% allowed there.