I have permission to use a copyrighted song

Hello everyone, I have recently contacted an artist for permission to use one of his songs on my myspace page, and he is allowing me to use it. Everytime I upload the song, it gets disabled. I'm new to web hosting so I really have no idea what to do or where to go. Could anyone help me?

Have you tryed contacting myspace about this problem?

Keep in mind you may have to supply evidence that you have permission to use the song.

I don’t think this has anything to do with web hosting, and since it’s my space you would need to contact MySpace, and provide proof that you actually have permission to “Play” his song on your page. And maybe, they’d be able to help, I’m sure it won’t be allowed though. Cause then other people could use it and that wouldn’t be fair allowing you and not the other 100000 or so members.

When I first joined myspace I had to contact them because of a site error and it took them a long time to get back to me. In my experience myspace customer service hasn't been very efficient. But I do have evidence that I have permission to use the song. I was thinking of going to a web hosting site and linking the song into my profile since myspace does not explicitly say that you cannot upload a song (at least to my knowledge).

Where are you posting them? Are these being uploaded directly to myspace, or to a webhosting account, and then hotlinked from there?

Myspace isn't really webhosting.

Quote Originally Posted by tranceponder573 View Post
    I don't quite trust you and your 31 posts thank you
    It isnít a good idea, but fair enough you donít trust my posts, you asked for help, I tried to give as much details as I could to help you, but you refused it so fair enough. Maybe you can try what is in your head. But the host will more and likely, take it down if you cannot provide proof you have permission.

If you have permisssion, you could even upload it to Freewebs, and then use a flashplayer or whatever people use on MySpazz

Hello everyone, I have recently contacted an artist for permission to use one of his songs on my myspace page, and he is allowing me to use it. Everytime I upload the song, it gets disabled. I'm new to web hosting so I really have no idea what to do or where to go. Could anyone help me?
    Like many said; contact myspace, they are the ones you have to provide with evidence that you are legally allowed to have this song on your website.

remember you need permission not only from the author but if he or she is connected to a organization to protect his work you also need permission from that organization!
    Ľ cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    Ľ
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

In my experience myspace customer service hasn't been very efficient.
    Customer service... to have customer service one must first be a customer, no? Considering that MySpace is a free service with millions of users (not customers, users) I think what ever level of service they provide, you have no room to complain about it since you don't actually pay anything for it...

Oh and also, myspace isn't webhosting, its social networking, theres a huge difference between the two namely social networking being free and easy to use and webhosting costing something, and requiring some technical or design knowledge.
    Toby H
    Infrastructure Consultant
    SolutionFire.co.uk
    cPanel | VMware | XenServer | cPanel | 3PAR | R1soft

Also you would permission from the artist and the label (if they have a Record Label) e.g Virgin, and so on

Yes you would, I fell foul of that some years ago while running an internet radio station... artist said we could use their music record label did not agree.... cease and desist notice ahoy!
    Toby H
    Infrastructure Consultant
    SolutionFire.co.uk
    cPanel | VMware | XenServer | cPanel | 3PAR | R1soft