I will be a Giants fan for one game

I was rooting for Green Bay tonight, thinking it would be great if Favre beat the Patriots in the Superbowl, retiring as the quarterback of the world champs over arguably the best team ever assembled in the history of American football (the Pats). That's assuming he'd beat Brady, of course

But it's going to be Manning and the Giants against the Pats, and I'm going to be rooting heavily for the Giants. What an incredible rematch of that final season game!

Sorry Boston fans, but if you know anything about the history between Cleveland (my hometown) and Belichick, you know why I have to root against your team

Jamie (Equentity - Jamie) will be flying over to Ohio from West Yorkshire to experience the Superbowl in the heart of football country, with me, Amy, my in-laws and friends. Jamie, the Superbowl features a rematch between two teams who played one of the most exciting professional games I've ever seen in my life. They played a month ago, the last week of the regular season. If the Superbowl is as good as that game, you're in for one hell of a treat!
    Last edited by the_pm; 01-21-2008 at 11:16 AM.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

The packers stepped down in the last quarter. You could tell. Bigsby was not guarding Burress very well. He caused over 100 yards. And I could of swore Tynes was not going to make the 47yd field goal. He missed a 20 and 40 prior to that. Ah well. Farve will be back next year. And he will win it.

I for won are rooting for the pats, just the fact I want Manning to go down.

I'm bummed x 100. The Pack are my team!

My best friend is a life-long Giants fan. All summer and the first part of the fall we joked about his Giants and my Redskins competing for the cellar spot in the NFC East. He's a loyal fan, but he was rooting against his team this year because he wanted Coughlin fired and a better coach put in. He's been (justifiably, imo) unhappy with Coughlin all 4 or 5 years, and desperately wanted a new coach -- so much so that he would root against his own team in a year he thought they were no good.

As it became clear to us that the Giants were going to make the playoffs, he was pretty mad. He didn't think they had any shot, and to paraphrase, "what's the point of making the playoffs if you have no shot to get to the Super Bowl?". Combine that thought with a contract extension for Coughlin, and my friend was a very unhappy Giants fan.

He was pretty mad after the Patriots-Giants game because he thought Eli and the playcalling were really bad in the second half. I disagreed completely, coming away from that game thinking the Giants were the best team in the NFC.

Tonight my friend is in shock. A joyful shock His team is in the Super Bowl against all the odds he stacked against them for nearly a year now. Me, being a more dispassionate observer, saw this as a possibility after week 17. Tonight they showed they were a better team than Green Bay (both halves of the game). Last week they showed they were a better team than Dallas. Will they show they're a better team than the Patriots in two weeks in Glendale? Well, no, I don't think so.

But congratulations to all the Giants fans out there, and a very reticent pat on the back to Kevin Gilbride and Tom Coughlin for resurrecting their legacies in a huge way.

Signed,
    A Redskins fan

Gah! I ache over this loss. That interception ... classis ... but wow.

Will I cheer for the Giants now? Hell no. I want to see a blood bath. If there is any team that can completely destroy them it's the Patriots.

For this one game, I am a Patriots fan.

All of Wisconsin is hearing the cry caused by that interception ... God knows I can hear it loud and clear.
    Jakiao

I was screaming at my tv at the interception. Well, it was that corner's time to shine. He sat on the bench three games in a row. He had to show something. :\

I don't care...just please for the love of god someone crush the patriots!!!

Either team can make history by winning tomorrow. The Patriots will make history in the more obvious way, with the best season record ever.

The Giants will make history as the only Wild Card team to ever win a Superbwl, and with Eli Manning as the quarterback, this will be the first time brothers have won back-to-back Superbowls. Put more broadly, it might be the first time two brothers have ever been active, starting quarterbacks in the league with Superbowl wins period, let alone back-to-back.

We're big Peyton Manning fans over here (yes, even though the Colts loss in the last game kept the Browns out of the playoffs), and we were happy when the Colts won last year. Even without the Belichick angle, I think I would still root for the Giants, to keep football success in the family.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by Indecline View Post
    I was screaming at my tv at the interception. Well, it was that corner's time to shine. He sat on the bench three games in a row. He had to show something. :\
    haha... excellent, I wasnt the only one then!

I was hoping to see Green Bay win as well - I'd like to see Favre go out on top.

For me, I'd like to see a 19-0 season, so I'll be sticking with the Pats.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Look at my location to see who I'm hoping to win...

InterNich LLC
    Founder

Bringing you PicResize.com (More than 95 million pictures resized since 2005)

Quote Originally Posted by the_pm View Post
    The Giants will make history as the only Wild Card team to ever win a Superbwl
    *cough* 2005 Pittsburgh Steelers *cough*

The energy last night was carazah. Mah Giants one game away from victory *h5*

Quote Originally Posted by garp74 View Post
    *cough* 2005 Pittsburgh Steelers *cough*
    That's right! I forgot about that

But, to be fair, both Pittsburgh and Cinci had the same record (11-5) and they split their two conference games. It was damned near a coin flip on which one was the conference champion, and it wouldn't have mattered, because they would have played each other regardless. Of course, Pittsburgh would have had a home game, but that only would have made the eventual outcome even more probable.

Anywho, the Manning brothers both having a Superbowl win is a nicer thought than ******** Belichick getting another ring. As far as I'm concerned, the Pats regular season record was really 14-2. I would have traded Belichick's $500,000 fine for two forfeits anyday after his cheating was uncovered.

I was extremely nervous during the last quarter and just about lost my voice yelling at Tynes.

glad we pulled it off!

I can't wait to see the Giants win the super bowl!

Tynes.... get him out of here. Packers would have had a chance but that man got lucky. He missed his previous two which were a lot shorter distances, but makes a 47 yard attempt? Blah.
    Nick

4 wild card teams have won the super bowl.
    http://www.profootballhof.com/histor...?story_id=1940

I watch football but don't have a favorite team.
    I would like to see history, to see the Patriots win.

Quote Originally Posted by HH-Mike View Post
    4 wild card teams have won the super bowl.
    http://www.profootballhof.com/histor...?story_id=1940

I watch football but don't have a favorite team.
    I would like to see history, to see the Patriots win.
    Huh - no ****. They were discussing this on Sports Center last night, and they said only one other team had made it to the Superbowl. I should have thought to check on this first - maybe I was hearing things (probably was).