Hiddent online user counter?

Hi guys,
    I have a web site that I would like to have an online user counter. However, I don't want my visitors to see how many users that are in my website. I am already using good analytics but it is not giving me real time data.

Do you guys know any code that I could put in my html/php pages that can get the job done?

Thank you in advance for your help and advice.

Are you looking for 3rd party based, or something of your own? As for real-time stats from a 3rd party, I believe StatCounter is such, it is also free.
    DILIGENThost.com, Canadian hosting based on high-availability w/ 24/7 bilingual (French) support & 100% uptime -> Toll free phone support
    cPanel/WHM 11 + Fantastico, PHP4&5, Private nameservers, Unlimited domains & features, Self Serve DNS...Shared / Reseller / VPS / Dedicated | Webmasters-Inside.com - Come join our new webmaster forum!

Quote Originally Posted by diligent View Post
    Are you looking for 3rd party based, or something of your own? As for real-time stats from a 3rd party, I believe StatCounter is such, it is also free.
    I am looking for a 3rd party tool. Statcounter is not 100% real it has a time delay (I want to fidn the # of users at that minute or so). I found something from a google search.

So far it's working great, it's a great addition to google analytics. gives you loads of info that analytics doesn't provide.

here is the link;
    http://w1.whatcounter.com/index.php

that site is quite wrecked from my end. I only see a bunch of ads and a broken website?
    hi there!

Quote Originally Posted by amygdela View Post
    that site is quite wrecked from my end. I only see a bunch of ads and a broken website?
    I just needed something to give me real time data (lets say how many users right now at this minute). I think this site is fairly close. See the demo here http://www.whatcounter.com/dspStats.php

Statcounter is not 100% real
    Thats not true.
    Quote Originally Posted by statcounter.com
    A free yet reliable invisible web tracker, highly configurable hit counter and real-time detailed web stats.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by PaulStuffins View Post
    Thats not true.Paul
    Well that's what they say in their home page. But I coul never tell how many users I had in a given time..it's just like analytics

I have not used it for a while but you can view stats daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly.

In what way do you mean the stats are not "real time"? Do you mean they do not show you how many people are looking at your site now, at this moment in time? If so then I very much doubt any free counter will offer that.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by PaulStuffins View Post
    I have not used it for a while but you can view stats daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly.

In what way do you mean the stats are not "real time"? Do you mean they do not show you how many people are looking at your site now, at this moment in time? If so then I very much doubt any free counter will offer that.

Paul
    Ya I know they are not 100% accurate. I just need to get a relative idea, my site is very dynamic and it is useful for me to compare the # of users now to that of 5 mins ago. Programs like my online users would work but it give valuable info to my competitors.

If it outputs it to the web, and you have a static IP then use:
    PHP Code:
    <?php

if($_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"] === "YOUR IP") {
        private 
    data

}
    ?>
    Paul

Can't you get user count from alexa?

I am not aware of alexa giving out detail webstats, it basically rely on it's own tool bar for it's stats calculation.
    Foong
    Dotservant.com professional website hosting since 2000

Get Mint - it's amazing! The license fee of $30 is TOTALLY worth it. I used to run it at a really popular blog of mine before I sold it.

haveamint.com is the URL - seriously, it's worth every penny!