When ordering what else would you request to have?

What would you put in the box that says "Additional Comments"?
    What software would you request be installed in setup to have the server run smooth?
    Whatever else would you want to request if you were going to order a dedicated?

Quote Originally Posted by chrismo View Post
    What software would you request be installed in setup to have the server run smooth?
    Usually the servers installed by hosts (it would be assumed) have all the updates run on the server and a secure password before you receive it. Usually making recommendations for special partitioning schemes or reiterating any hardware upgrades you may have made in the order, would be the only special comments I often get from orders from customers. If you needed additional IP's, IP's cleared off any blacklists, or perhaps listing the hostname (FQDN) you want setup on the server wouldn't hurt.
    - Donovan K
    Want to monitor and manage your customers Windows systems by Client software, web portal, or mobile phone?
    Automated scripts, patching, and remote access too? Ask me how!

If you can't think about anything to put here, just don't

Depends what you want to do with it. If you don't have a clue why you take the server, just don't

That I receive what I ordered

Quote Originally Posted by dspkable View Post
    Usually the servers installed by hosts (it would be assumed) have all the updates run on the server and a secure password before you receive it. Usually making recommendations for special partitioning schemes or reiterating any hardware upgrades you may have made in the order, would be the only special comments I often get from orders from customers. If you needed additional IP's, IP's cleared off any blacklists, or perhaps listing the hostname (FQDN) you want setup on the server wouldn't hurt.
    I thought that something like you said might be good to add.
    What kind of partioning scheme would you recommend for Cpanel?
    And the hostname would be something like server.domain.com?

I'm sure Donovan will get back to you on the cPanel question. I just wanted to add something. When ordering your new server, I HIGHLY reccommend getting some sort of back up system in place. If not available in the order form, make a comment that you want to discuss your back up options. Do it from day one. From personal experience, I recently bought a brand new hard drive, moved everything over to it and started adding new things. About one month later the hard drive CRASHED. It's simply not a matter of IF a hard drive will fail. It's a matter of when.
    Shawn Bray
    Pinellas Hosting - www.pinellashosting.com
    Dedicated Servers | Collocation | Webhosting | Data Backup | Domain Registration

Quote Originally Posted by sbray View Post
    I'm sure Donovan will get back to you on the cPanel question. I just wanted to add something. When ordering your new server, I HIGHLY reccommend getting some sort of back up system in place. If not available in the order form, make a comment that you want to discuss your back up options. Do it from day one. From personal experience, I recently bought a brand new hard drive, moved everything over to it and started adding new things. About one month later the hard drive CRASHED. It's simply not a matter of IF a hard drive will fail. It's a matter of when.
    A month ago I bought a brand new 250 gb I/O Magic harddrive to do a backup of my aging P4.
    Could I make a backup by download the files from the server to my external hardrive at home? my external here has only been used twice. I plan to host some proxie sites and sell hosting to makeup for the server costs.

thanks for ALL THIS HELP!!!

Make sure the host allows proxy sites. Many hosts won't.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)