WHMCS 3.60 BETA Released !!!

Hello,

Just saw this on the WHMCS forums. http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=8269

They've released Beta 3.60. Even their demo is updated. They've highlighted the new features and there is a short note below say:

There have also been a number of security enhancements introduced in V3.6
    I guess this addresses the concerns of many here.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Have you been able to download it yet? It doesn't seem to work for me, just hangs there after clicking Download and does nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_EZPZ View Post
    Have you been able to download it yet? It doesn't seem to work for me, just hangs there after clicking Download and does nothing.
    I didn't try to download it but, I was having a feel of it via their hosted demo.

It seems that there is some problem with their site coz in the middle of me using their demo when I clicked on a button - it just hangs. Nothing happens.

I guess it is a website issue of some sort. Their forums are working fine though.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

I just looked through the online demo and the intelligent search and administrator roles are very cool. There's so many options though!

Overall impressed, looking forward to the final version.
    SupportPal - Smart self-hosted help desk software
    Supporting multiple channels, including Twitter and Facebook. WHMCS integration available.
    LicensePal - Discounted popular web hosting software licenses
    cPanel, InterWorx, SolusVM, CloudLinux, Blesta, Softaculous, Installatron, and much more!

Yep I'm excited to use it as well...gonna wait a bit though.

i cant wait till stable comes out

It looks pretty good and i'm glad they added admin roles to it!

Yeah that feature is going to help us out allot. The intelligent search is very cool and will save a bit of messing around with dropdowns.

Anyone noticed the new Link Tracking feature?

Interesting

I wonder if it actually does improve security or if it's just more secure because it hasn't been decoded yet.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and Cloud Hosting
    PHP 5.2.x - PHP 8.1.X Support!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    Interesting

I wonder if it actually does improve security or if it's just more secure because it hasn't been decoded yet.
    Time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    Interesting

Any idea what the enhanced security features actually are? I wonder if part of the enhanced security is not requiring register_globals to be on. PHP has shipped with it off by default since PHP 4.2 and is deprecated as of PHP 6... for obvious reasons.
    Blesta - The Billing Platform for Hosting Providers
    Client Management, Billing, & Support Software
    Trial - Demo | 714-923-7325 | Twitter @blesta

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pphillips View Post
    I wonder if part of the enhanced security is not requiring register_globals to be on. PHP has shipped with it off by default since PHP 4.2 and is deprecated as of PHP 6... for obvious reasons.
    I doubt it seeing as they haven't been needed for some time. But security improvements are always great news and just as important as new features. Seems obvious to me we shouldn't know what they are as that would reveal the weaknesses in older versions but just good to hear they keep on top of things over there! So keep up the great work WHMCS! +++

had a lot of bugs when people payed with paypal ammount transaction said amount in 0.00
    also cannot submit articles to announcements hope fully matt will fix all this,

I'm sure he will - it is a Beta after all... It shouldn't be used in a production environment.

we were testing it on our test server and reported some bugs to help matt fix them but had some great new features each month its becoming more complex almost like modern bill all it needs is a dedicated server panel so people can manage it like in modern bill but overall matts doing a wonderful job its make our live much easier with the new search feature are staff are most pleased , i hope for matt to keep up the good work,,,

55hostGM, I would have to disagree. One of the greatest qualities of WHMCS is the fact that it's the most powerful and yet remains the most easy to use. Matt has found a great balance between features and simplicity and made the cleanest looking interface for a billing system out there.

And I'd hardly say the 2 bugs you mention is a lot. For me, feature #190 is the best "Order Process always end on Order Confirmation page". Now I can use my Google Analytics code correctly to only show once a user has paid for their order!

I used clientexec for just over a year now.

However I switched to WHMCS for the first time yesterday and I can say, it is fantastic. I am glad I switched, and I will never go back. Clientexec has nothing compared to WHMCS, it has everything you need and could ever want.

Quote Originally Posted by acebeat View Post
    Now I can use my Google Analytics code correctly to only show once a user has paid for their order!
    This will be a nice plus indeed.
    ██ UBERHOST
    NEXT GENERATION HOSTING
    Managed dedicated & shared hosting

in my reply i said how whmcs is getting better and better,
    how do you get-------
    ----------
    55hostGM, I would have to disagree. One of the greatest qualities of WHMCS is the fact that it's the most powerful and yet remains the most easy to use. Matt has found a great balance between features and simplicity and made the cleanest looking interface for a billing system out there.

And I'd hardly say the 2 bugs you mention is a lot. For me, feature #190 is the best "Order Process always end on Order Confirmation page". Now I can use my Google Analytics code correctly to only show once a user has paid for their order!
    ------------------

out of that??? thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by 55hostGM View Post
    in my reply i said how whmcs is getting better and better,
    how do you get-------
    ----------

------------------

out of that??? thank you,
    May be because you said "its becoming more complex almost like modern bill" . And ace was trying to say its not complex but in fact easy to use.
    Email: info ///at/// honelive.com

Sweet! WHMcs keeps getting better and better.
    Duplika → Hosting since 2005
    FastWeb → WordPress Optimization

yeah WHMCS is the best but arent there supposed to be some security problems with the last stable version?
    If so I wish they would at least release some patch files

Quote Originally Posted by felosi View Post
    yeah WHMCS is the best but arent there supposed to be some security problems with the last stable version?
    If so I wish they would at least release some patch files
    From the developer:
    There have also been a number of security enhancements introduced in V3.6 so once the stable version is released we will be recommending that all users upgrade.
    The stable release should be available very soon now.
    ██ UBERHOST
    NEXT GENERATION HOSTING
    Managed dedicated & shared hosting

Quote Originally Posted by uberhostNET View Post
    From the developer:

The stable release should be available very soon now.

ya thats what I was reffering to, But I think we should get the security fixes asap instead of waiting on stable version.