India Beat Aussies in Cricket

What a match. Let us congratulate India on their win over Australia in Perth. It was a closely fought contest, and in the end the better team won

Clearly, Australis were beaten in all departments of the game. A commendable job to break the 16 straight wins of Australia.

We are ready for the 4th match!!!
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 01-19-2008 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Edited by request

CHAKDE INDIA!!!

Senior Server Administrator

Wow amazing, I hope Pakistan shows some good result soon

Aussie tailenders made me worried!!!! Hopefully 4th test would be a stunner as well.
    ||| HostEcon.com - Professional Off-Shore Hosting Provider
    ||| Shared || Reseller || Semi-Dedicated || Dedicated Services
    ||| We offer highly anonymous off-shore domain names

Congrats to the Indians. They played a good game, and their bowlers were just too good for the Aussie batters. Good to see them win a game on Aussie soil. The Aussies need to be beaten every now and then.
    • AussieHost.com • Aussie Bob, host since 2001 •
    • Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!! •

yes bob aussie are beatable , all ur hopes and boasting of 4/0 thrashed out of the window ...

still wonder about the sydney test

what a shame ....
    david .c
    web hosting india , www.easy2host.in
    windows , linux -- webhosting / reseller hosting

Quote Originally Posted by sanudeep View Post
    yes bob aussie are beatable , all ur hopes and boasting of 4/0 thrashed out of the window ...

still wonder about the sydney test

what a shame ....

It should have been India (2) - Australlia (1) . Anyhow some thought it would be 4-0, its funny.

Chak dey India. Indians Rock.

This win has not only hurt the Australian pride but also put an end to their winning streak of 17 matches. Apart from this, Australia had an amazing record of not losing last 25 Test matches on their soil. They won 22 out of them and drew 3. It's worth mentioning that this record came into existence after their defeat to India in Adelaide in 2003-04.
    And it's India again to put an end to this record. Life indeed is a vicious cycle.

http://cricket.indiatimes.com/India_...ow/2713452.cms

Quote Originally Posted by premium20 View Post
    What a match. Let us congratulate India on their win over Australia in Perth. It was a closely fought contest, and in the end the better team won

Clearly, Australis were beaten in all departments of the game. A commendable job to break the 16 straight wins of Australia.

We are ready for the 4th match!!!
    Congratulations India
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 01-19-2008 at 06:30 AM.
    If you don’t like the road you’re walking on, start paving a new one.

4/0 was a joke I realise now. good joke. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sanudeep View Post
    There was no thrashing. It was a good game and only 80 or so runs in it. Could have gone either way on Day 4, but the Indian bowlers were just too good on the day. The Aussie batters had 2 full days to get the runs, so it should have been an easy win to the Aussies, but the Indian bowlers were too good. Good on them too. There was some very tight bowling there. It was great to watch. I was watching it with my oldest son and it was slightly nerve wrecking.

Looking forward to a good game in Sydney, and I hope India wins that so it's 2-2 going into the 5th test, in Brisbane, which we'll most probably go and watch for a day. More than winning, we Aussies like a close and hard fought game. Should be a good summer of cricket, with the one day games with Sri-Lanka, India and Australia, no matter who wins.

Didn't England 'outsource' it's cricket to India, so we [Brits.] won realy ? - -

Seriously congrats to India, will your cricket stars go out and buy:
    'Streached Tatta Nanos' ? - that would be cool - -

I thought a cricket was a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
    I thought a cricket was a bug.

Goes to show your ignorance
    James Daniels

I absolutely see no reason why anyone would enjoy playing cricket. I mean, I only knew such game existed from such threads, but I guess I should play it before judging it. (but seriously what fun can it have?).

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Quote Originally Posted by azizny View Post
    I absolutely see no reason why anyone would enjoy playing cricket. I mean, I only knew such game existed from such threads, but I guess I should play it before judging it. (but seriously what fun can it have?).

Peace,
    Well it's less true than it use to be, but it's one of the few times blokes are aloud to wear white, run around on the field, playing with there balls & occassionaly shouting 'Duck' [I think].

God bless all those cricketers - -

Quote Originally Posted by azizny View Post
    Cricket's been around for a very long time, and an Australian pastime. My sons play in their club cricket. We love our cricket.

I used to think cricket was a boring sport...that is until the day tried playing it.

I turned out best as a spin bowler but only played for fun I must hasten to add, nevertheless it's a game you either have to play 1st hand or at least be at the ground to watch live to really get into it.

It'a a bit like lawn bowls...you have to play it to realise it's enjoyment factor.

What I can't get my head around is although the Brits exported it to the Aussies along with Rugby....how come they are better at it on a regular basis than us? It's almost like they've stolen the crown jewels.

owm
    ‹(•Ώ•
    Life's what you make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian-de-vie View Post
    Didn't England 'outsource' it's cricket to India, so we [Brits.] won realy ? - -

Seriously congrats to India, will your cricket stars go out and buy:
    'Streached Tatta Nanos' ? - that would be cool - -
    Well England invented cricket based on India's Gilli danda.

Copyright infringement from us.

Could have gone either way on Day 4, but the Indian bowlers were just too good on the day. The Aussie batters had 2 full days to get the runs, so it should have been an easy win to the Aussies, but the Indian bowlers were too good.
    Someone with good understanding of the game wont make that comment ;-). 413 run chase is the second highest chase in the history of cricket (if it had been chased). History was against Australia apart from their performance.

To be fair to Aussies - they were the favorites at the start of the game. But the Indians won right when they had put 413 target. Such chase happen only once in a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderpoint View Post
    Someone with good understanding of the game wont make that comment ;-). 413 run chase is the second highest chase in the history of cricket (if it had been chased). History was against Australia apart from their performance.

To be fair to Aussies - they were the favorites at the start of the game. But the Indians won right when they had put 413 target. Such chase happen only once in a lifetime.
    Ignore them, prob now a days it seems age is a problem in certain countries. in decisions and their view.

I hope it will be 2-2 and we will rock. A sad day also today as Laxman , Dravid and DADA were not selected for ODI squad.

Someone with good understanding of the game wont make that comment ;-).
    Nope. 413 is no mean feat to chase with 2 full days to bat. Anyone with a "good understanding of the game" would know that having 2 full days to bat tips the favor to the batting team. Generally the chasing batting team doesn't have 2 full days, for the 4th innings, so this is why 413 seems high for a chase in the 4th innings. Folks with a "good understanding of the game" are aware of this.

The Aussies were just totally outgunned by the Indian bowlers who bowled very tight with great line and length and swing. It was good to watch the bowlers in action.

I'm hoping the Aussies lose the 4th test, so they have a 2-2 going into the 5th test in Brisbane, which I'll take my oldest son to see.

How many test matches have you seen where the second team batted for 2 full days in the 4th innings? Its not that it cannot be done, but how many times has it been done in past? Probability was close to nil.

Of course not that the Indians didn't bowl well but even with average bowling, its difficult to survive 2 days in 4th innings with those pitch conditions.

I'm hoping the Aussies lose the 4th test, so they have a 2-2 going into the 5th test in Brisbane, which I'll take my oldest son to see.
    Irrespective of the Adelaide outcome, I am sure it will be worth to watch the two teams play in Brisbane

How many test matches have you seen where the second team batted for 2 full days in the 4th innings? Its not that it cannot be done, but how many times has it been done in past? Probability was close to nil.
    The real question is how many times has a team had 2 full days to complete the 4th innings. That's just over 200 runs a day, which should have been a walk in the park, if not for the great bowling.
    Of course not that the Indians didn't bowl well but even with average bowling, its difficult to survive 2 days in 4th innings with those pitch conditions.
    True, it was a bowler's wicket, which surprised a lot of folks, in how the wicket stood up for so long. I think it took Ponting by surprise too. I had the Aussies with an even chance when Symonds was still in, but when he got out it was game over for sure. The Aussies do have a habit of getting out of tight spots.
    Irrespective of the Adelaide outcome, I am sure it will be worth to watch the two teams play in Brisbane
    Aye, we love it when the Indians play in Aussie. I've been to a few of the Test matches and ODIs when they're here. If only those damn seats weren't so hard on the butt.

||| HostEcon.com - Professional Off-Shore Hosting Provider
    ||| Shared || Reseller || Semi-Dedicated || Dedicated Services
    ||| We offer highly anonymous off-shore domain names

I was sure they had a 5th test in Brisbane. Bah.