Thread: Hoster for shop

Hoster for shop

I'm new to the US hosting market.
    I'm looking for a reliable (linux) webhosting with a good uptime, support and security for our webshop.
    I need a SSL certificate and dedicated IP. Can someone advice me.
    thanks

Have any budget in mind, go with namecheap for ssl or postivessl for cheap ssl if you need.

Most host provide dedicated ips for ssl to be installed.

Other than that look around you might find a decent enough host. Since i have not used any shared webhost cannot recommend you any.

Cheers

Just a normal budget. Between $0 - $50 i think.
    What do you suggest instead of shared. A dedicated server ?

How much bandwidth/disk space do you need? Do you have a CP preference?

I would suggest shared hosting.
    Last edited by bear; 01-18-2008 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OOge View Post
    Just a normal budget. Between $0 - $50 i think.
    What do you suggest instead of shared. A dedicated server ?
    Is your shop big ? Cause most shops can be run on shared hosting environment.

For example there are like 2 - 4 such shops running on my server. Some with ssl and some without.

So, depends on your webshop itself.

What are your requirements? How much space, bandwidth, do you need?

Quote Originally Posted by Soskel34 View Post
    How much bandwidth/disk space do you need? Do you have a CP preference?

I would suggest shared hosting.
    How can you do that without any knowledge of requirements?

it's a webshop with laptops and desktops. You can configure them by yourself. So there are about 5000 products and a large number of different configurations. Webspace i need is about 5GB, and bandwith should be high. The higher, the better.
    My shop looks a bit like zepto.com. The same thing in configurations and possibilities. You can even download drivers from our site if the bandwith let's us.

Does your site also use asp cause than your search factors narrow down to only select few hosts.

What control panel do you prefer? As Energizer Bunny said are your pages in asp?

- Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged SSD VPS's by tmzVPS.com | FAST PURE SSD & HDD Plans!
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat

no it uses PHP. i'm used to Cpanel and plesk. But I really don't mind.

no it uses PHP. i'm used to Cpanel and plesk. But I really don't mind.
    Well if it's PHP then there are many hosts to choose from and most use cPanel. Just look around. Hope you find the right host!

- Daniel
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat

Check the offers section. There are sooo many hosts that offer exactly what you are looking for.

I searched for hosts and yes i found some candidates. But I don't know if it are good quality hosters. That's why I asked if someone could advice me, or point me to a few good hosters with a very good service, uptime etc..

Do you know actually how much bandwidth are you using?
    Since uptime and reliability it's important to you, I suggest you to not focus your search in the "biggest" package, since you're not going to need it, however, depending of how much resources your site does use, maybe a good idea would it be to search for a dedicated, specially taking in consideration that if your site is very popular it shouldn't be a problem afford it.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

I searched for hosts and yes i found some candidates. But I don't know if it are good quality hosters. That's why I asked if someone could advice me, or point me to a few good hosters with a very good service, uptime etc..
    Well maybe post them maybe someone with actual experience with them can post something about them.

Post them here and you will get some replies from people who actually used them.

- Daniel

Why don't you try Yahoo web hosting service?