TDnam auction renewable?

Hello all, I'm not familiar with the tdnam so I have this question.

If the domain is expired in godaddy and it is place as the auction in tdname (also have bids) then I guess the domain is not renewable by the original owner anymore right? Because I imagine all the bidders would be upset if they're bidding for nothing.

The reason I ask is if there it's renewable otherwise in tdname, I'd contact the owner because one of the domain I want, I've known the owner on the internet few years back. I might have asked him to renew it and sell it back to me.

Thanks in advance,

I've had several domains which I've bid on and they were taken back by the owner. It'll cost the owner $80+ renewal fees to renew the domain. So if it's selling for under that it might be better to just buy it at auction.
    Signature Under Construction.

Woah, I wish I had known this earlier, the domain I wanted cost $2000 at the auction site. Thanks so much for the info.

I forgot, what happen if I'm the winning bid but I don't have enough money in my card. Would the domain is back to auction or sell to the next highest bidder? Would my account locked out along with other domains until I updated the card?
    Last edited by Nam; 01-19-2008 at 01:16 AM.

If you don't pay for your purchases within about 5 days they put a lock on you placing any more bids until you make the payment for the domain you won.

And if I agree to pay but somehow the original is renew the domain (paying $80 whatever) then I still lose the domain even though I won the bid, right?

I'm pretty sure that's the way it works, from my experiences. The owner has the right to redeem possibly right up until the time the domain is transferred to you. Of course, we are talking of very rare occurrences here. Once the domain is in my account, I've never had it taken away.